• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what percent tint

maybe that is why pontiac put those stupid looking foglight type holes in the rear bumpers as reverse lights for the old four door sunfires :laugh:

DR-200_Pontiac_Sunfire_4-Door_spoiler.jpg

alright I got another question, do you guys think I should get a window strip or just leave the front windshield the way it is?

alright I got another question, do you guys think I should get a window strip or just leave the front windshield the way it is?

It's tricky since the rear view mirror plate is in the way of a smooth install. Needs to be trimmed around it. A good tint person will have no problem with it. But all aside. I'd go with 20% tint all around, even the brow on front.

GO with 35%. Looks clean and doesn't look ghetto at all. IMHO.

Some cars with lighter interior can do 20% and get away with it.

Soooo.
Tan interior 20-35%
MNB interior- 35%

Also sunroof does help if you pull the cover back or open it. It makes the tint look lighter for when cops pull up on you. :)

I had 35% all the way around and the cop DID stop me. Had to pull the fronts off and head down to the courtroom for inspection. :censored::censored::censored::censored:ers.

Legal for wisconsin is:
50% front windows
35% rear windows

I have the 35% all around and have an extra set of front windows for when I get pulled over. I swap the glass, get inspected, and throw the tinted glass back in. Just takes time, saves money if you were planning on tinting it again anyway.....

About 1/2 hr to swap glass for both front doors

At least you guys can have some tint. Here in IL it's illegal to have any on the front windows. I've wanted tint for years but I hate the way cars look if there is dark tint in back and none up front.

Of course now we can't have plate covers either.

I"m not big on front tint but if you go too dark in the back it looks odd without a little upfront to even it out. Otherwise forced to do a very light tint on that back

At least you guys can have some tint. Here in IL it's illegal to have any on the front windows. I've wanted tint for years but I hate the way cars look if there is dark tint in back and none up front.

Of course now we can't have plate covers either.

Oh its illegal here also but we don't care.
Espeically me, since i tint my own windows.:cool:

mine is very illegal but i dont care i can flip the guy off next to me and they wont hardly notice it.

but officer i can see through the windows just fine...
338823_58_full.jpg

This is how tinted windows should look
338823_59_full.jpg

Last edited:
actually yes, I drive for ups and I see that all the time, you'd be suprised. I think alot of it depends on the car you drive. sure a cop will see a minivan with tint and not think twice, but if it where say a corvette with tint he would probably be more inclined to pull them over.

I talked to a tint guy and he said that even though a lot of factory tint is illegal, they get grandfathered in anyways. I have 20% on all my cars and think it is the best. Not dark enough to attract attention, but not too light to easily see in. I had 2.5% at one time in my Mustang and at high noon in the middle of summer it felt like midnight.

wow 2.5 percent, I thought 5 was limo and I thought that was the darkest you could go? got any pictures of any of your cars?

i have 35% all around and have been harassed a few times, i just pretend to not know the law, all the times i've been pulled over in my car was JUST because of the tints, o well they are quite sexy

tukerpicts010.jpg

tukerpicts011.jpg

tukerpicts014.jpg

Back