• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what percent tint

5% all the way woot woot!

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0735.jpg

sorry to hijack the thread but i'm just curious how much a good tint job costs on average. I'd do 35% if that matters

man thats such a hard question to answer it just really depends on who's doing your tint. from what I gathered try to find a place that has been around awhile and has a good rep, and also a place that has good warrenties on their work. just a little fyi I paid 125 for all of it but that was a spring special so im not sure how much the place usually charged.

I paid ~$200 for mine but they also had to stip old purpled tint from the previous owner off the back 3 windows. i think they normally charged about $150 for just a straight install.

i think they normally charged about $150 for just a straight install.

Sounds like what most people charge. If you have some friends with tint on their cars ask them so you can see the work. One thing I always notice is the size of the gap between the tint and the top of the glass. Big gaps look terrible and the installer didnt leave an inch of play at the bottom when he cut the piece OR they were lazy and didnt feel like sliding the tint closer to the edge. Id ask to see some work being done at the shop before you pay over 150. Like stricker2 mentioned, they will charge extra if you have tint already on because it is a huge PITA to remove.

edit: also look at the 3rd brake light, see how they cut around it. Sometimes shops dont cut around, not very safe but looks a lot better IMO

Last edited:
I have 35% on my back three windows. Dang Illinois laws dont allow anything on the frong windows and I dont feel like dealing with the cops. I wish I lived in a state that allowed tint.

596174_45_full.jpg

Back