• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 console = drool

I installed my Pre-98 console about a month ago but never got around to taking pictures. Just took some today. Enjoy.

Console completely repainted with Midnight Blue paint and middle trim repainted low gloss black. Redline Goods leather armrest, e-brake boot, and shift boot. Shift boot shortened 2 inches for B&M. Black leather with dark blue stitching. Cougar shift knob. Pioneer DEH-P980BT head unit.

DSCF1840Medium.jpg

:drool:

Pre-98 Console... Cougar shifter... extra-clean interior... and those silver gauge trims! I want that :)
How did you do that (the gauges) ? Look so classy! I'm officially jealous hehe.

And what did you put on your clock bubble so it shows red? Lost the green rubber cap when I changed the bubble...

That is straight up sexy. Of course I have to see this when I thought my modding was 100% complete, guess I have ONE more project! :)

Great job Tony!!!!

:and those silver gauge trims! I want that :)
How did you do that (the gauges) ? Look so classy! I'm officially jealous hehe.

And what did you put on your clock bubble so it shows red? Lost the green rubber cap when I changed the bubble...

Search eBay UK for Mondeo gauge rings.

No cap on the clock, just a red bulb. I've converted the entire interior to red lighting instead of the green. The clock is nothing compared to all the time I spent on the red LED conversion.

I had a pre98 Mysti console in my old SVT. The only thing to remember is you have to find a pre98 MYSTIQUE shift boot to complete the conversion. The Contour and Mystique boots are in fact different. I also installed 3 gauges where the radio was and moved that down to the console. Pudmunkies can post pics if he wants.

I had a pre98 Mysti console in my old SVT. The only thing to remember is you have to find a pre98 MYSTIQUE shift boot to complete the conversion. The Contour and Mystique boots are in fact different. I also installed 3 gauges where the radio was and moved that down to the console. Pudmunkies can post pics if he wants.

So there was a giant gap between the dash and console? :rolleyes:

looks awsome, but I gotta add that center console looks identical to the 99 cougars, has anyone tried to see if they mate up properly?

looks awsome, but I gotta add that center console looks identical to the 99 cougars, has anyone tried to see if they mate up properly?

They won't. The Cougar console is similar to the Mystique console because of the dash setup.

That's why I'm trying to find out if EuroTour actually used a Mystique console or not. The Mystique console will install, but would definitely look like crap with a gap between the console and dash.

Tony were the parts out of a 97 or a 95? I have two cup holders, a little different than what you have. I kinda like the one you have better, because the first one in my set is pretty much useless.

Tony were the parts out of a 97 or a 95? I have two cup holders, a little different than what you have. I kinda like the one you have better, because the first one in my set is pretty much useless.

It's the revised cupholder that went into 1997 models.

You can find them on eBay but the price is usually high. And no one lists accurately wether they are for Mystique or Contour. I bought a set that ended up being for a Mystique. Worked out ok because I installed it in our 95 Mystique. I ended up getting my cupholder from a local junkyard.

Here's the cupholder break down for Pre-98.

95-96 MTX - Single small cupholder
95-96 ATX - Dual small cupholders
97 MTX/ATX - Single large cupholder

There is a model for Mystique and a model for Contours. That give you 6 different cupholders and 6 bezels to search around through.

That is one of the first things i noticed today when i took your Car for a test drive after the suspension install... Very nice!

It looks exactly like the 99 Cougar's console, but without the top DIN section where your Head unit is...

Pudmunkie is going to have to post pics, as his girl bought my car.

Ask and yee shall recieve.... tomorrow sometime.

But yes its got two panels on the side to cover gaps.

Its getting pulled out for a post 98 pretty soon, She hates the pre98

If you have the dash and the console it all works together, I think it is a cleaner, more flowing look than the contour dash, esp. the 98+ ones heres a pic showing the side panels mentioned but one thing deffinatly different is the heater control

babyisabella062.jpg

Last edited:
Back