• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Current pics of the Mystique

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Here are some more pics of the car. i painted the letters on the tires to give it a little bit of a nascar theme until i get rims for it. Tell me wat you think, i'm still debating about it....

carstuff010.jpg

carstuff013.jpg

and here are some pics of my car club buddies cars...

The Saturn has mostly just lights everywhere, interior, exterior, strobes etc, hooked up by me and the Saturn owner

Civic is my other buddies which has custom interior and intake done by me, rims off of my Tempo GLS, and fart pipe soon to be changed with header, down pipe, high flow cat, and dual tips out the back. (hopefully this comming spring) If u want to see my interior work, i can post some pics. Still needs to be finished....

carstuff005.jpg

carstuff019.jpg

Last edited:
Before
Picture5048.jpg

After
Picture5049.jpg

Dash still needs to be staind or painted black and some other minor details, but thats wat i've done so far...

Awww don't be mean. Everyone needs to learn somewhere! And besides the Mercer is king of the da club fo Sho! :cool:

And from the looks of it, the honda from from not having a front driver panel to actually having a panel! Good improvement in my book!

Oh just make sure your friends civic gets a chambered muffler cause 100x amplification fart can WILL make him look retarded. There do exist some extremely nice and fast old school civics, but his is not one of them! (unless he's hiding a turbo or two under that hood! and if he is, your posting the wrong pictures! :laugh: )

Good luck!

Edit: My suggustions to making your Mercur 10 times nicer is to go to yard and find some SE side skirts. It will be a HUGE improvement. And if you can't pic up a set in your color and are strapped for cash, doing a flat black side skirt will still look okay and better! For rims the 16" cougar wheels would be nice addition! Or go out and spend on an aftermarket set.

Last edited:
Thanks for the honest opinions guys. for me, i've been having some trouble with a creative eye on this car. My Tempo turned out pretty much the way i wanted it to (except for the engine blowing up twice). I'm really struggling with this car though. As for the car club, it's just gettin started, and i'd say my old Tempo was the king of the club, but now i have to start all over again, and well, with goin to college w/o any loans, i'm kinda outta money. and for the Civic, its a mostly stock 1.5 SOHC, but we're planning on a 1.8 V-Tech swap and a turbo, thats about the best we can do for that car.... I just wonder wat happened to the good ole days w/ the high hp and tq of the V-8's... oh thats right, all that emissions ****....

................. and for the Civic, its a mostly stock 1.5 SOHC, but we're planning on a 1.8 V-Tech swap and a turbo, thats about the best we can do for that car.... I just wonder wat happened to the good ole days w/ the high hp and tq of the V-8's... oh thats right, all that emissions ****....

That woudl be a total waste to put that much money into a car like that. Better get at leat a '92-up Civic for that.

And for what happened to the high hp/tq V8s?...Well nothing, they are still out there and are cheaper than ever. You can pick up an LT1 Camaro/Trans Am for next to nothing these days and the Mustang GTs are cheap too.

For the price of a 1.8L V-tech and a turbvo kit, he can get a car that is faster in stock form and costs about the same.

Hey guys, I remember when I first came on board people made fun of my car. I think half of them have been banned since but still. :laugh: Give the guy a chance to do something with the car.

Any plans? Pick up some e0s or E1s off SVT owners here and your wheel situation will be fixed for an easy $300.

Raised white lettering

Raised white lettering

Outside of myself I know of one other CEG'r whom sported the very same BF's I did. Tires were really great tires. They outrated alot of the other high performance tires such as pirelli ,Michelin and Yokohama. ( WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND 100 or more per tire )

I now have Avon Tech M500. Which I chose over the Kumho. It's a fairly new automotive tire that carries very high ultra performance and praise. The name brand itself is widely known for thier achievment in creating excellant highend performance motorcycle tires. Trust me, its a brand worth plugging into your brain.

If I had been able to continue on with my first real choice ( my original BF's) I would have rebought them, THOUGH to my disappointment the model tire I speak of is only sold as a 15. Being that I wanted to upgrade to 16's I settled for the Avon which I do NOT regret.

Only for PURELY cosmetic reasons i was hesitant from switching between the two. Sure the Avon gives Ultra High Performance but to be able to put the two together( lettering and UHP) would have been an even more suitable choice for me.The only other tire that offered white lettering didnt and does'nt come close enough for me in rating nor in preferred performance numbers ( The GoodYear LS and GoodYear Nascar )ICK!!!

So peformance and size prevailed over cosmetics. Figured youd appreciate the pics being your interested in going with the white lettering.

Before / after tire and wheel photos as follows..........

Attachments

• orginal rims and tires.jpg
    orginal rims and tires.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • after new tires&wheels.jpg
    after new tires&wheels.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
Back