• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

like i said, i havnt met an srt i havnt beat. look at jeff's video on u tube dude. trust me bro. drive a 3l turbo and u wont have any other. matter of fact, just ride in one. now am pissed! God help me get this car back on the road and i'll take my camera to my buddies' house and film a few runs. that should keep the doubters in check. oh, on the track of course :laugh:

Right, because he didn't used to own a 400+hp mustang.

Well to clarify, It does have 91,xxx on the clock. But still holdin up pretty dam well.

And for the ride quality, Its amazing! I can just turn the wheel a little bit and it goes where I want it FAST!!

Awww, c'mon guys, the SRT-4's aren't all that bad. :shrug:

100_5872.JPG

Ive never really liked the SRT-4s either but chris that one makes me :drool:

O and stock on the 2003 was 215 hp and the stage 1 kit upgrades that to about 235. But with the borla exhaust and the actuator givin me boost of about 18-19psi, Im probably getting around 260-265 hp. Stock psi is 15 i believe.

It's a nice car people, has some of the most comfortable seats ever IMO, and its pretty quick.

Doesn't sound too bad for a 4banger either :shrug:

I sure hope you are not boosting at 19psi on that stock 16g without any fuel mods...

Your stage 1 kit, is the same as a stock 04-05

and believe it or not, there very underated.. dodge called them at 230hp, yet people were putting down 230hp... they usually make 260-270 crank hp stock.

and stock psi is anywhere from 11-15 psi

Btw for the guys running there mouths about there really fast turbo 3L.. lol...

How many "highly modded" turbo 3L's are there running around running 12's.. that are reliable?

and btw, a properly done stage 3 srt with slicks will hit 11s.. with 125+ mph trap speeds...

and thats a daily driver, thats usually pretty reliable on proper tune, you take any motor that doesn't use boost.. and boost it, you have problems. unless you dump loads of money and re-do the motor, which imo.. bad investment.

How many "highly modded" turbo 3L's are there running around running 12's.. that are reliable?

and btw, a properly done stage 3 srt with slicks will hit 11s.. with 125+ mph trap speeds...

and thats a daily driver, thats usually pretty reliable on proper tune, you take any motor that doesn't use boost.. and boost it, you have problems. unless you dump loads of money and re-do the motor, which imo.. bad investment.

thats the funny thing, do thing other don't, if the contour svt where born like the srt-4 maybe will be diffrent, buth right now thera are 98 vs 2003 5 years of technology and knowledge and more performance parts.

in fac my project is to do a 400 or 450 whp turbo contour with 3.0 why? because i like my contour and like all. i have a gtp and with less money is as fast as the contour. buth still like more the contour.

And your SVT is still a contour... that's a pretty contradicting to say :laugh:

$8k? damn, good pick up man! i'd own one if i could get one for 8g's too!

Contour is way better than a neon. Nuff said.

Good buy though. That is a great price

Well with the 2003, it upgrades the fuel injectors and the pcm. So ya they are upgraded. The stage 1 isnt the same as stock for the 04-05. The stage 1 for the o4-05 is a pcm upgrade.

I sure hope you are not boosting at 19psi on that stock 16g without any fuel mods...

Your stage 1 kit, is the same as a stock 04-05

and believe it or not, there very underated.. dodge called them at 230hp, yet people were putting down 230hp... they usually make 260-270 crank hp stock.

and stock psi is anywhere from 11-15 psi

And there are Contours on here already trapping near 120+ mph. They aren't hitting below 13.0 because of the traction issues. IF that was solved, a 3.0L turboed SVT would be putting down the same times as a stage 3 srt.
But it hasn't happened so it is a moot point.

like i said, i havnt met an srt i havnt beat. look at jeff's video on u tube dude. trust me bro. drive a 3l turbo and u wont have any other. matter of fact, just ride in one. now am pissed! God help me get this car back on the road and i'll take my camera to my buddies' house and film a few runs. that should keep the doubters in check. oh, on the track of course :laugh:

are you coming to SZ? i'll bring an SRT-4 and $1000.00 cash. 1/4 mile, heads up. i'll make sure you remember losing to one. :laugh:

The SRT-4 is what it is, reasonably quick in a straight line, easy to make a little faster because its turbo, but it still doesn't handle terribly well, and its still a neon. It's a one-trick pony, and if that's what you want, its perfect.

But isn't the CSVT a one-trick pony as well?

Face it guys

a neon is still a neon, and a contour is still a contour

they both were cheap cars.. have low quality interiors..... cept, the neon... lol is ALOT faster... and comes factory with a turbo, so is ALOT cheaper to make even faster. done deal.

Well with the 2003, it upgrades the fuel injectors and the pcm. So ya they are upgraded. The stage 1 isnt the same as stock for the 04-05. The stage 1 for the o4-05 is a pcm upgrade.

Sorry my bad you are right injectors were the same, but the pcm was an upgrade.. not a overly big upgrade tough, for the extra 200 bucks, I go myself a complete catback.

Modernperformance FTMFW!

Contour is way better than a neon. Nuff said.

Good buy though. That is a great price

coming from owning both cars, a v6 se 5 speed contour... civics, an r/t neon etc etc etc

Neon hands down is far more reliable then the contour was, stronger transmission, engine.

contour had the looks tough, the svtc is def a damn better looking car... but with the right mods, an srt4 can look quite nice as well.

Back