• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who the hell drew on my hood?!?!

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
P7210029.jpg

lmao.gif
lmao.gif

I decided to try Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax today...and wow what a friggen difference on a silver car.

NXT is good but doesn't last to long ... zaino it and you definately will see a different .... grat job otherwise

It's the first Syn wax I've tried. I've always thought Carnuba(sp?) based wax was the best, after a little reading I found people to praise the syn's. So, I figured what the hell and bought a bottle from a brand I know.

The hood only has one coat on it though, I imagine if i build it up it'll look gorgeous...as long as you don't mind the rock chips.:laugh:

Edit: It's also a picture with me in it where I'm not completely inebriated and falling over the banister.

Last edited:
i've used the turtle wax "ICE" which was cool cause it leaves no residue even if you get it on the rubber trim...but i have to sit down and order some zaino stuff. i've never had a black car before, but i know it's a pain...and now every day i realise it more. just breathing on this car leaves a scratch! so yeah, time to pony up some dough and spend a day detailing...

when i had the tour i used to use plain meguars cleaner/polish...then upgraded to gold class. 2x wash and 2x wax at every detailing. but the silver definitely hid more stuff...

don't use the turtle wax ice, I don't even think it lasts a week!

the meguiars does have nice products. Ask Dr. Cross as he swears by it.

Like I said I used NXT before and was pretty happy with the results .... but they don't compare to zaino. I took the paint clearer and Zaino All in One to the Mystique and it put a nice shine back into the paint. now the paint cleaner didn't remove alot of the marks, etc in the paint but it definately took alot of crap off the paint. I'd say it may shine close to what my contour does. And the Contour have a perfect reflection, it is pretty krisp and sharp.

Now my understanding is carnuba creates a deep shine on dark paints. I also believe that light colors often respond better to synthetic wax. Basically the synthetic wax should last longer then a carnuba. The SZ05 wax off proved that. After a month or more the test car beaded nicely on the zaino side and not on the carnuba side. otherwise at first it was hard to tell the difference iirc.

bottom line you need to try some products and see what works best for you.

but I have seen what Zaino can do and I like it so that is my choice. fyi the car is very easy to clean after using zaino ...

well i used the ice a couple times. your're right it doesn't last long.

i'm thinking of buying this:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...e=ZKIT-2&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=20

everything i need, but i have to purchase some of their scratch and swirl remover too.

that is what I started with also. I added the glass cleaner on my first order. Do note that the Z-PC isn't going to remove anything but surface contaminants or fine scratches. if you have anything deep you will need to get it buffed out first. Also the Z5 has some fine scratch ans swirl remover as does Z-AIO which I do like alot.

zaino works best when applied in the shade then move the car into the sun to help it dry faster, otherwise it drys slowly compared to say NXT or any other wax like that.

yeah they need paint lol

that is what I started with also. I added the glass cleaner on my first order. Do note that the Z-PC isn't going to remove anything but surface contaminants or fine scratches. if you have anything deep you will need to get it buffed out first. Also the Z5 has some fine scratch ans swirl remover as does Z-AIO which I do like alot.

i don't have anything deep...there's marks on the hood from the painters tape i applied for the trip to SZ. it rained, got wet and flapped around and scratched the hood. I figure i'll try the scratch remover and see what happens before i pay someone to fix it.

Back