• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

Right but from what ive owned, it wasnt that good. I tried to improve it and all but i didint want to spend a thousand or more jus to rebuild my trans and 500 for struts and springs when i can get a built car (SRT-4) for 8k. Those stock clutches are good for about 380 hp so you know the trans can hold a lot. And the stock suspension on this car is amazing! its so tight!

Well, if you do go from a car needing $500 for struts and springs to a car that has still has life in stock set up then it is going to feel nice and tight. But, you did most likely make a good choice instead of sinking money into a car that needed a lot of work to getting a newer one, especially for that price on that car. That is the exact same thing I did with my 95 to the SVT. The 95 needed struts, springs, wheel bearing, cracked windshield (only a year old doh!), oil pan gasket etc. regular maintaince stuff, but I didn't feel like doing it when I could just upgrade to the SVT for only $2000.

Good luck with the car and most importently enjoy!

I love how someone posted reviews on how great the contour is, it WAS a great car, the platform is outdated now... and not everyone talked so special about it, I can pull up some bad reviews of it if you want.

stop thinking so highly of a car that failed in the north american market

this thread is def. jokes

all in all oblivously people are going to be bias.. go figure! haha, alot of guys on srtforums are watching this thread, def a good chuckle.

Once again I like to say

DURATECS with TURBOS is not how they came THUS meaning, there not reliable.. you would be lucky to pass 30,000 miles before that f/i'd motor blows up

Why just the duratec? By that logic every single motor that isn't designed for a turbo should blow up shortly after it is installed. :shrug: And if it isn't every engine explain to me what it is about the duratec that can't have boost.

Dude, stop being stupid. For $8k you can buy the SRT-4 Stage 1 that would be probably as quick as spending $8k for the CSVT and other said mods.. If that's your logic, please sell your car and buy a Civic. Most of the Honda owners use your logic. "If I spend $10k on my Civic, I can be a little bit faster than an LS1 Camaro!!!111" Or you could just buy the Camaro and spend the rest of the $10k that you have left and be leaps and bounds faster than the Civic would be with the $10k in mods.

firstly, the name calling is unnescessary. secondly, what u just posted makes no sorta sense. elraido already listed how much u'd need for a 3l turbo.

Yeah so much for cheap and fast eh?

and for the guy saying buy a contour put 8 grand into it, "sorry bro" its faster 3L lol...

well news flash buddy, I bought my car and it was already a low 14 high 13 second car, I didn't need to go out and buy a 3L turbo etc and turbo it so it can blow up 6 months down the road

dont kid urself. the are cheap and fast :laugh: i dint say put 8grand in a turbo. learn to read. i said for 8gs, u'd buy and boost one. FACT! sad thing is u've been here a while too.

i'm not joking. back up your mouth and bring it to SZ.

this is gonna be sweet. i usually dont try to rub my victories in ppl's faces, but am gonna have to make an exception on this one. sorry bro, but after SZ, i may have to rub ur face in ur loss. we know our axles are our weak point. if u're not too chicken, how about u take me rolling also if i race u for the quarter. its only fair.

DURATECS with TURBOS is not how they came THUS meaning, there not reliable.. you would be lucky to pass 30,000 miles before that f/i'd motor blows up

no one's arguing that fact bro. any motor thats not naturally boosted will not last. all am saying is that u cant come on here and compare a highly modified car thats already turbo'ed from factory. i will stand by my point... there is NO stage one srt4 that will take a 3L turbo, it was someone who started bringing up a stage 3. Duuuh! thats over 300whp and technology vs 1998 duratech. c'mon ppl. not exactly a fair comparison. besides, how many svt tours could u get for 8grand within a year or two from the birthdate. just testifies to the cheapness. sorry, i hate hijacking threads, but i cant stand it when ppl start to talk smack because they just feel like being different.

Last edited:
all in all oblivously people are going to be bias.. go figure! haha, alot of guys on srtforums are watching this thread, def a good chuckle.

just for the heck of it, i decided to check out the srt forums. much of this is what i got really. here my favorite quote :laugh:

"my stock srt-4 runs like 8 secs............. lol jk i agree with you, people that own srts do think they are the best car on the streets.. i get beat. lol i got beat by a duramax pick up. it had thousands on dollars worth of mods but it still beat me lol and yes i know how to drive my car. I respect anyone that knows how to drive their car and doesnt try and make themselves sound like a bad ass. i just show up and race people that want to race, who cares who wins. I just love racing. The srt is also an awesome dailer driver. i drive mine about 500 miles a week ( i live 30 miles from any towns and atleast 50 from a town that has more than a gas station). im sure hyundai drivers talk :censored::censored::censored::censored: just like srt driver and civic driver, :censored: even some VW drivers. Its just part of it lol Think about it this way< would it be the same if everyone was all quite and didnt gove eachother :censored::censored::censored::censored:? Thats what makes this all fun."

heres the link to the thread if u so choose. entertaining to say the least. i shall speak of this no more. carry on.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f12/why-do-all-srt-owners-think-their-cars-race-cars-423358/

this is gonna be sweet. i usually dont try to rub my victories in ppl's faces, but am gonna have to make an exception on this one. sorry bro, but after SZ, i may have to rub ur face in ur loss. we know our axles are our weak point. if u're not too chicken, how about u take me rolling also if i race u for the quarter. its only fair.

no sanctioning body races from a roll, and there is no legal way to make that happen, so no.

this thread is def. jokes

all in all obliviously people are going to be bias.. go figure! haha, alot of guys on srtforums are watching this thread, def a good chuckle.

Once again I like to say

Show me proof to back up your claim. Or is this all BS coming out of your mouth:rolleyes:

Also the contour was pulled from the market because of lack space in the lineup which caused it not to sell.
So why are you arguing about a car you know nothing about? I mean, i can't see why your arguing for 2 cars you don't even own:confused
The neon back in 1995 was a piece of S:censored:T.

CONTOUR =HANDLING year 1995
NEON =1/4 year 2004+

Also i'm laughing at you for trying to gather support from another forum just to bash contours. What is this high school.Get a life and move on.

Last edited:
Show me proof to back up your claim. Or is this all BS coming out of your mouth:rolleyes:

Also the contour was pulled from the market because of lack space in the lineup which caused it not to sell.
So why are you arguing about a car you know nothing about? I mean, i can't see why your arguing for 2 cars you don't even own:confused
The neon back in 1995 was a piece of S:censored:T.

CONTOUR =HANDLING year 1995
NEON =1/4 year 2004+

Also i'm laughing at you for trying to gather support from another forum just to bash contours. What is this high school.Get a life and move on.

I made a thread about my new car which was about a month ago, and I also posted a pic of my 04 silver srt in this thread

you obliviously can't read correctly.

I've owned more cars then you.. imports domestics, you name it.

I've also owned 2 contours, first car was a contour with a zetec atx.. pure junk but would never die unfortunatly. Then I bought a 96 SE MTX... transmission blew up, so my new beater.. a tempo, far more reliable then any contours I've owned.

Do you want me to post pictures of all my cars as well? I can do that.

I've been on this forum since 2002, I'm not just some random newbie running my mouth, i've been around before 3L swaps even became popular.

If I had the choice of owning a 3L contour over my old built LS vtec civic.. civic hands down, would swap any 3L no problem..

once again, just to prove to you.. that you cannot read

my srt

DSCF0988.jpg

My klze powered mx-3, sold 14.2 quarter mile (all bolt ons)

2003_0305Image0002.jpg

Me lsvtec powered civic, 14.4 (wrong pcm)

DSCF0033.jpg

awsomecivicshotFIXED.jpg

And my other pics are on my other computer, of my 3400 powered cavalier.. (14 second car, never ran it tough)

so my point, by far my srt is faster then all my other cars.. I've been in these scene long enough to know whats fast whats reliable and whats not... I'm very good buddies with a guy who ownes a turbo'd couger, with the 2.5L.. he is on his 2nd motor... and doing a 3L swap as well to bad he needs ALL new internals to support the extra power.

with my stage 2, and him running 8psi.. I know I will spank him easily, STILL.. and just because of this thread I will film myself spanking him. :)

BTW 2 more things,

stage 2 srt-4's with goodies will put down 280-300 WHP no problem, and I drove a civic that could spank 75% of cars on this site....

Try to put me down because I drove one? well of course I'm going to get on the defensive side..

and to think I use to LOVE this website, its full of a bunch of guys thinking contours are still the greatest cars in the world...

I know srt-4's arent as well, but there alot more damn fun to drive IMO.

Back