• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its an addiction

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
I cant help myself here, GTP intake tube, 3 inch PVC and K&N RU 3530. It whines so fine now.

DCFN0006.jpg

DCFN0007.jpg

Also, does anyone know anything about KR (knock retard) Im getting anywhere from between 2 to 5 degrees when the car down shifts.

When I was reading up on GTPs a few years ago I remember KR being an issue.. I cant remember however if it was a nuisance or an actual concern.

Smaller S/C pulley. Bigger exhaust, you will be running 14s in no time :D

My brother owns a 1997 GTX. Stock it ran a 14.9.

He made the hood functional with an aftermarket air intake. Added a 3.25 pulley with an aftermarket throttlebody. Off road pipe. It ran 14.3's with 127k miles. Those cars are quick as ****. Just with an exhaust and chip he would be in the high 13's for sure. His stock exhaust and stock manifolds are killer on these cars.

based on what we went through with my cousin's ex GTP...doing the ubend delete might help. post on club GP though, they can help.

My brother owns a 1997 GTX. Stock it ran a 14.9.

He made the hood functional with an aftermarket air intake. Added a 3.25 pulley with an aftermarket throttlebody. Off road pipe. It ran 14.3's with 127k miles. Those cars are quick as ****. Just with an exhaust and chip he would be in the high 13's for sure. His stock exhaust and stock manifolds are killer on these cars.

My buddy has a GTX....hes runnin mid 13's... not sure all he did but he has full exhaust, and intake with heat shield, im sure hes got a diff pulley and stuff like that... it sounds like an airplane at high rpms:laugh:

this thread needs more packaged optimized y-pipe with my name on it. :laugh:

Are there any mtx swap possibilities on that engine?

Back