• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL SAMCO HOSE GROUP BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates going on @ the moment? I waited over the weekend to post this cause I know its hard to get a call during that time...

Hows the prototype??? Pictures(of what they tried even if it didnt work)??

- amyn

Any updates going on @ the moment? I waited over the weekend to post this cause I know its hard to get a call during that time...

Hows the prototype??? Pictures(of what they tried even if it didnt work)??

- amyn

i havent updated only cause I havent received the prototype as of yet, although i did speak with my distributor today, and it is confirmed by samco to have been shipped out, so anyday now!

I will post pics and get another update as soon as I have more information!

Kyle

i havent updated only cause I havent received the prototype as of yet, although i did speak with my distributor today, and it is confirmed by samco to have been shipped out, so anyday now!

I will post pics and get another update as soon as I have more information!

Kyle

Did they give you a tracking number?

No Love yet??

- amyn

As far as I have heard, its at the distributor, and should have/will very soon be shipping out to me, I also want to ask them about placing the order so that they can start the production, but I think Samco wants the entire kit tested before they do... I'm sorry it is taking a little longer then expected, but it will be worth the wait guys!

Kyle

Still need payment from:

CEG:

Chris@CTA - OUT
Brent372 - OUT
95pgt-t

NECO:

Burton160w

PAID:

1. HolyRollerzC3 - PAID
2. QBCSVT - PAID (2x in Red. 1 Paid, Echeck sent on 3/3/08 w8n 2 clear)
3. Schattastic SVT - PAID
4. brapple - PAID
5. aircougar - PAID
6. coogah -PAID
7. coogah -PAID
8. coogah - PAID
9. kymi - PAID
10. Excel4600c - PAID
11. Cougarguy - PAID
12. madman666 - PAID
13. fordman302 - REFUNDED
14. 99cougarsupreme - PAID
15. Newcat016 - PAID
16. Badazzcougar - PAID
17. CSVT#49 - PAID
18. SaleenCougar - PAID
19. RecoveryOne - PAID
20. CSVT1214 - PAID
21. JPS98SVT - PAID
22. DarkCat00 - PAID
23. Tay76 - PAID
24. SVT_FoMoCo - PAID
25. RodneyBur - PAID
26. canadiancougar - PAID

As I said before, unfortunately, until I gt the prototype and place the order, I dont see why i cant still accept payments!

I think you should have held off on taking payments until you HAD the prototype and test fit it. Kinda getting ridiculous the cut off date you told us to get you the money by was like two weeks ago. Now your just sitting on our money until you test fit the product... then my question is what happens if it doesn't fit right?... is it going to be another 3 weeks before you see a revised prototype to test?

On another note somebody somewhere has to have a tracking number. Samco wouldn't just ship something without tracking it. Then who's stopping you or your supplier from saying you never received it when you actually did? I would appreciate it if you could call around to see if you can find out so we know whats going on. Versus us sitting here in limbo wondering whats going on.

Thanks.

I think you should have held off on taking payments until you HAD the prototype and test fit it. Kinda getting ridiculous the cut off date you told us to get you the money by was like two weeks ago.

Dont mean to be a dick but he's right i mean we were all told that the cutoff was mar 1 then mar 7th now were waiting for a prototype. I would have been happy without the 5th hose if i knew it was going to take this long i mean i was hoping to get these before April.

I think you should have held off on taking payments until you HAD the prototype and test fit it. Kinda getting ridiculous the cut off date you told us to get you the money by was like two weeks ago. Now your just sitting on our money until you test fit the product... then my question is what happens if it doesn't fit right?... is it going to be another 3 weeks before you see a revised prototype to test?

On another note somebody somewhere has to have a tracking number. Samco wouldn't just ship something without tracking it. Then who's stopping you or your supplier from saying you never received it when you actually did? I would appreciate it if you could call around to see if you can find out so we know whats going on. Versus us sitting here in limbo wondering whats going on.

Thanks.

Dont mean to be a dick but he's right i mean we were all told that the cutoff was mar 1 then mar 7th now were waiting for a prototype. I would have been happy without the 5th hose if i knew it was going to take this long i mean i was hoping to get these before April.

Kyle did mention that this process was going to happen in the middle of the GB. He is also going out of his way to get this very exclusive product for us and not only 4 but ALL 5 hoses.

He cannot control if Samco decides to sit and make one hose for us in one day or make it in a month.

As for the cutoff date technically there is none he just wanted enough money to say Hey "company" i have a def 20 orders so I want a discount on the order. The cutoff date is not extended and not really a cutoff date to it that seems to be the reason. It also seems more people can get in on this friggin great GB!

As for Kyle himself. I do think there should be a bit more communication in between the company you are purchasing from or Samco and YOU/US from the group buy and a bit more reliability on whats going on even thou you really cant control it(I can understand). Give me Samco's number and I will be like "I heard you are doing a kit for the contour v6 I want one." More people might show them more interest even tho its the same people calling the same company. I can wait for this I do not mind @ all.

Nobody should expect anything until Kyle says whats going on. Since you yourself have assumed you will get it in 3 days, doesnt mean you will. Kyle is going out of his way not only for you or me but many people on 2 separate websites which can cause him stress for you! The crap he is going through is probably not even worth the $80 bucks he is going to save again for you and us on NECO/CEG/Unknown!

As long as you get your stuff, don't worry bout it!:shrug:

- amyn

guys .... everyone keeps forgetting that the hoses where shipped from Europe to the US, then sent out to Kyle ... your also forgetting about lead times to get everything made ....

and bottom line we are getting an incedable price! the three others that got this product payed $300 or more. Hell when they go on sale here in the US they are still going to be about $260 as previously mentioned.

Oh and if you want to talk about inconveinence I have that covered fully at the moment .... my 2.5L is sitting on the ground infront of my car at the moment and the 3L is going in .... what a perfect time to swap hoses, but I will have to do it in the future.

And why its taking so long now becaues of the 5th hose? Kyle went out of his way to get this made for us. He did alot of work to get Samco to make a Contour specific kit, but he had to have the interest and numbers for it to happen.

I personally do not mind the wait to get a complete 5 hose kit, let alone a product only three others in this country have ...

I think you hit the nail on its head Brapple. If I had to have these hoses shipped from Europe, they still wouldn't even be here if I had made the order... I worked with Samco and my distributor to get a hose kit made for the contour/cougar v6 and although even I thought it would take less time then this, it does take time. I have not ever left anyone in limbo as anytime I had information, I posted it. Tomorrow (monday) i will call again and see about getting a tracking number from someone, and a status update!

I went out of my way BIG time to get this group buy to happen, and to get us an exclusive product. I thank the people who have stuck up for me, and thanks for the support as this has been a very stressful endeavor for me.

I will update again tomorrow after I call my people!

call samco. I shipped an SVT UIM and LIM with Fedex on a Thursday to a guy in the UK and he emailed me on Monday telling me he already received them. I just sent it regular aswell. You always want to cover your ass Kyle especially when dealing with money from 25 other individuals. I learned this recently in my management position. Im not coming down on you at all I think what you did for these guys was great just find a way to keep them happy.

call samco. I shipped an SVT UIM and LIM with Fedex on a Thursday to a guy in the UK and he emailed me on Monday telling me he already received them. I just sent it regular aswell. You always want to cover your ass Kyle especially when dealing with money from 25 other individuals. I learned this recently in my management position. Im not coming down on you at all I think what you did for these guys was great just find a way to keep them happy.

I did just say that tomorrow I would make my usual monday morning calls... and figure out what is going on! But what happened is that instead of getting these hoses from Europe, they are going to be made here in the states, which is why its taking a little extra time. Samco wants to make sure that everything is a good fit before they invest in bringing this kit stateside, and I understand that!

If everyone wants me to, I'll call my guy and cancel that idea and jsut have them all shipped over from Europe and the hard work will be down the drain, and we will still be waiting, so it really is pointless when what I tried to do is bring another quality product to us here in the US.

This group buy is running about 2 weeks longer then what I had hoped, so its not that big of a deal... after the order either way, they were going to produce the kits, and then ship them all to me, and then I will ship them all to each person! The only difference now is instead of waiting for shipping from the UK, we are waiting on them to send me a prototype to approve the design of the fifth hose!

Again, I will be updating tomorrow after speaking with my people!

Kyle

Don't worry Tour, I have already made arrangments with my connections in Fl to hunt him down and cut off his fingers one at a time.:cool: :blackeye: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure he's got it all under control, If not it will be the largest group meet and kill in CEG history.

Last edited:
Don't worry Tour, I have already made arrangments with my connections in Fl to hunt him down and cut off his fingers one at a time.:cool: :blackeye: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure he's got it all under control, If not it will be the largest group meet and kill in CEG history.

Yeah, I don't want to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back