• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1900

hehe you're a phunny guy.

They buy it in bulk from a speshul place. You can't get it in small amounts.

I was going to say, you don't get that stuff at Lowes. :)
And I already have my set. So I am good....except I still need to tear apart my oval. Me thinks I might go to a junk yard and get a se oval to kill.

I was going to say, you don't get that stuff at Lowes. :)
And I already have my set. So I am good....except I still need to tear apart my oval. Me thinks I might go to a junk yard and get a se oval to kill.

except they are harder to work on then the SVT ones ... I think it took Elky 2 or more hours to put mesh in my SE grill ....

yeah, SE grills are more difficult becasue of the amount of material that contacts the ring.
makes for a lot of sanding and grinding.
the SVT grills are just a few snips with side cutters and a little sanding.

more pics....
the backseat/trunk...
svt1900-4.JPG

the dent in the c-pillar...
svt1900-5.JPG

rear quarter damage...
svt1900-6.JPG

svt1900-7.JPG

missing chunk off of rear bumper...
svt1900-8.JPG

Rear locating arm....
svt1900-9.JPG

the body work required is what sucks and making the price of repair skyrocket. sucks...

i dont' recall, but i didn't notice the damaged c-pillar in the ebay ad.

rear locating arms are nothing....and the front susp. shouldn't be too bad either.

i think i am going to try and fix it for now.
i already have the rear arms on their way here, i just need to get the front suspension stuff and the rear window.
the body work could be done for under $300 but i dont know if i want to do it.

then there is the issue of the rear window.

tgo, the ad did state there was damage to the c-pillar, it was from the tree branch that broke the rear window

Back