• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A sneak peak at the new CEG main site design

One of the (several) reasons avatars are disabled here is that they are difficult to moderate. This is a 'family friendly' work-safe forum and even avatar images could be troublesome.

I like the clean approach as well.

Multiple themes / color scheme choices would be nice.

I actually kinda like our simple approach to forums, just makes it look cleaner imho (not to add the benefits already mentioned like reduced server load) plus it sets us appart from nearly every other [crappy] car forum out there.

Most definitely. It keeps it clean so i can catch up on what's new at school without a naked chick or profanity getting me in trouble.

This guy approves.
orig.jpg

That's me in the background.... that pic is old and Todd is skinny as a mo fo! Nice pic though. Isn't that the day when you were posing on the abandoned couch by that warehouse? Post pics of that :laugh:

One of the (several) reasons avatars are disabled here is that they are difficult to moderate. This is a 'family friendly' work-safe forum and even avatar images could be troublesome.

I like the clean approach as well.

Multiple themes / color scheme choices would be nice.

The only forums I see this out of control on are Honda forums. Go take a look at NECO and look at the avatars. They do a great job of keeping them "family appropriate" and the avatars do kinda give everyone a "unique" mark for their post. As long as they are policed appropriately, I don't see a problem with them. Maybe have an option for "Display Avatars/Signature Images" or something, so those who wish to not see them for whatever reason (work policies, internet speed, etc) can use CEG without a problem, and those who view from at home (like myself) can see those images. Alot of forums I see have this option, so I know it is out there.

There are a ton of options out there, you are right. Some offer very good alternatives for those situations, as you pointed out. This is all well and good, but Worldtour has stated very firmly that he simply will not allow avatars.. period.

And I, among many others, are behind him on that.

I'm shooting to have the forum redesign finalized and available by Spring Zing and the main site shortly after.
-Mark

I'm shooting to have the forum redesign finalized and available by Spring Zing and the main site shortly after.
-Mark

Thats great to hear! I had no idea it was this close. I am very excited. I just wanted to comment on the cleanliness of this site. There isnt any annoying advertisements or any picture clutter. Bravo, bravo for the amazing site. I log onto the other forums I belong to and shudder. Sometimes I wonder where the reply to a post is. The info, the people, and the site. A++ I am looking forward to seeing even better things.
-Tyler

I like it alot. I think its going to be a lot more "comfortable". Dont get me wrong, I like the site now, but all the straight lines and boring colors will not be missed by me. I think this site deserves a little more attitude!!!

Yea this looks really great...great job? I love this forum because of the lack of popups and stupid advertisments that fill up other forums I've been on. Great job.

Yea this looks really great...great job? I love this forum because of the lack of popups and stupid advertisments that fill up other forums I've been on. Great job.
This site relies on optional donations and significant (free) contributions from the site admins/owner to keep ads off. :)

don't the funds from the SZ auction also go to the site? if so go to SZ next year and try to win something and support the site.

pretty sure all of the tickets i have bought over the past two years have completely funded ceg for the next 10 years :laugh:

who was the person who said "didnt you win everything last year too?" as i was walking up to get those mounts

Back