• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new car! ford GT 56k cry

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
so our family friends got a ford GT. its the last heritage GT Built. they have a 8 car garage as an FYI.

P1010162.jpg

P1010163.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010166.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010171.jpg

P1010172.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010173.jpg

10 pic rule. hold on

P1010174.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010187.jpg

and the car he traded for it. I'm gunna miss it. yes this is a V12 i dont know the model
P1010182.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

Last edited:
trading a vintage ferrari for a ford.... i am not sure if i agree with that decision :ponder:

trading a vintage ferrari for a ford.... i am not sure if i agree with that decision :ponder:

Not from a value standpoint anyway...but if he's the kind of person that wants to put some miles on the car, I'd be okay with the swap.

In either case, I hope it was the GT and a chit ton of $$$ for the Ferrari.

haha they have 2 kids. both young. no there not rich. he started car collecting along time ago and his dad who is rich gave him a few i think. he has a jag e-type, mark II. 2 other 4 door jags and now the GT. the swap was the Ferrari + 30k. like i said the Ferrari was showing age. and yes he likes to drive them. just not rain or snow. he also looks as this as a investment.

the Ferrari is nice but i wouldnt be suprised if the GT suprasses it in value. theyre probably worth the same amount right now as it is! :crazy:

that Ferrari is definitely a car for the occassionally country side romp. the GT is an anytime, all the time ass kicker! :mad:

the vintage Ferrari is a fine piece of collectibe art while the GT is a piece of modern art that you can actually enjoy the piss out of! id take the GT myself. and beautiful color choice to boot. lucky ****!

have you gotten a ride in it yet?

FYI, that sliver square on the door panel is held on with spit. Expect it to come off sooner or later. (Even more entertaining, it shooting off into the other side off the car when you shut the door :laugh:) Though they may have fixed that by now so don't hold me to it I guess.

Congratulations to your friend though, it really is a sweet a** car, but yall already know that by now I'm sure.;)

have you gotten a ride in it yet?

not yet but i will, maybe even drive it. i did sit in the divers seat and hit my head on the door after his son (7th grade) told me to look out for that. even though I'm 20 and hes 51. he trusts me. he had me look over the car for flaws and i found all the ones he didn't lol. we also found water spots on the rear suspension and hes like "great now i have to clean that because it was driven in the rain". one day ill get a shot of my svt next to the GT. he used to have a SHO V6 and a 98 cobra. i could have got the SHO for 1500:help: o well.

Last edited:
Id like to hear that Mcintosh radio play some tunes while the supercharger is whining away...damn. I love that color.

i turned it on. but not loud didn't sound like anything special. maybe later he will let me crank it. the sub is right next to your head.

a classic prancing horse for a new Ford, not sure I agree with that

you make it sound like that Ferrari would be 1/10th as enjoyable to drive! And it's not like he traded it for just any "new Ford." It's not a Taurus man, it's a friggin' GT!

Mark

Back