• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Looks kinda rough for an 01. And it's the little V8... ;)

I'm not a big fan of Dodge trucks other than looks. Pick up an old inline 6 with 5 speed ford, that'll pull your 13' boat :cool:

This is a fantastic post. It's damn near literature. Well done. :cool:

Those 4.9s with the 5-cog-shift-it-yourself box are just great.

That's rough :nonono: turbo diesel is sort of overkill unless you are going to be hauling stuff often don't you think? :laugh:

I could personally go for this one http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/747140828.html

That's a winner. 2by, huh? Fishtail fun in the Minnesota winters. I guess you'd just park it. Use it for summer boating fun.

That's rough :nonono: turbo diesel is sort of overkill unless you are going to be hauling stuff often don't you think? :laugh:

I could personally go for this one http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/747140828.html

That is all we would do with it, haul stuff. That way we don't need to use my dads F-150 or the wifes dads Tundra. We haul our share of house building materials, and friends cars that break down, and what not. And it would get the best gas milage out of any other truck....and when you have to drive to Duluth or Hibbing to get most housing materials, that can add up.

Besides that is also $5000...that is too much for me. ~$3K is what we would look at

This is a fantastic post. It's damn near literature. Well done. :cool:

Those 4.9s with the 5-cog-shift-it-yourself box are just great.

That's a winner. 2by, huh? Fishtail fun in the Minnesota winters. I guess you'd just park it. Use it for summer boating fun.
That one looks nice and clean, but the student owner scares me and the fact that it needs a little work makes the price seem high. I am always kind of interested in those 96's with low mileage and no rust over the wheel wells :)

Yeah I've never really had a 4 wheel, so it's a I don't know what I'm missing sort of thing :) I'd keep the Cougar to drive in the snow (and probably daily) anyhow.

That one looks nice and clean, but the student owner scares me and the fact that it needs a little work makes the price seem high. I am always kind of interested in those 96's with low mileage and no rust over the wheel wells :)

Yeah I've never really had a 4 wheel, so it's a I don't know what I'm missing sort of thing :) I'd keep the Cougar to drive in the snow (and probably daily) anyhow.

I agree with you on the price. I'd like to see something a little lower that didn't need work. :cool: One in two-tone would be cool, too. They made a number of them.

I agree with you on the price. I'd like to see something a little lower that didn't need work. :cool: One in two-tone would be cool, too. They made a number of them.

I'm sorta partial to the Red and Gold two-tone :cool:

Mine was a green/tan back in the day.

Imagine this one in 2wd, regular cab long box. Without the foglights, ventshades, and ugly exhaust :laugh:
1992-96_Ford_F-150.jpg

I think I am going to look around here until something pops up...they always do
http://www.mnsurplus.org/
Missed out on that decent looking ranger (go to auctions, online auctions and then forfeit 222

Wifes dad is also the motor pool manager for the county and is in charge of the county auctions, so he knows when a good truck rolls threw.

I'm a big fan of the regular cab long bed, but this extended cab long bed setup in this color, with those white letter tires, is a favorite of mine. Imagine the damage filling up those dual tanks! :laugh:

1996.ford.f150.3661-E.jpg

I'm a big fan of the regular cab long bed, but this extended cab long bed setup in this color, with those white letter tires, is a favorite of mine. Imagine the damage filling up those dual tanks! :laugh:
That's not too bad looking. From what I remember the two tanks held about 16 and 18 each (front and rear). So when you add them up it's still only about 34 gallons. I think my dad's old 96 Econoline with full conversion package had a single 36 or 38 gallon tank :crazy:

When we used to pull the boat up to Canada for summer fishing trips we'd have ~36 in the van, and the boat also took ~36 :eek: We were hauling a good amount of fuel :laugh:

Just went and took a look at that "$800 Contour". :nonono:

What a joke. He threw me the keys and I didnt let it run long. Has a significant knock. Interiors ripped up, and its just all around pretty beat up. How sad.

Just went and took a look at that "$800 Contour". :nonono:

What a joke. He threw me the keys and I didnt let it run long. Has a significant knock. Interiors ripped up, and its just all around pretty beat up. How sad.

There is a reason why it was $800 I am sure. Buy it an 3.0L it :laugh:

that is a good size bass :)

i took the jeep off roading the past couple nights. last night i had it on 3 wheels :D and tonight i was driving though weeds up to the windows :D

no scratches thankfully, since it is black. hopefully i'll be getting back the golf tommorrow afterwork. i miss sittin LOW

Back