• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dropping my car

chinaski

CEG'er
im going to drop my car using koni lowering springs and shocks. just curious to know if im going to rub horribly if i use some P16/55/205 on some stock e0 rims.

you shouldn't rub, i ran 225/50/16 on my old koni/B+G setup.

and kw8, that seems weird to me that it rubs, i have 225/40/18 on both stock and koni/B+G's and didn't rub at all unless i was full lock turning off an angle, IE driveway with the stupid crub things.

Last edited:
good to know that it wont rub cuz right now i cant afford new tires, thats why im gettin rid of my 17's cuz i cant replace the tires to complement the drop. kw8, maybe your offset isnt right if your rubbing really badly.

I'm running the same setup you are, koni kit and 205/55/R16 on E1s with no rubbing, I'm going up to 17s and 215/45/R17s soon hopefully.

Yeah I guess my offset isn't right. I hope my front won't rub when I install the front koni kit. But the rear will rub for sure and I guess my only choice is to go with probably 17s

ok, well going back on topic.... how badly would it rub running 215/45/r17? im feeling a bit impatient waiting to get new rims (postponed my swap due to SD fires)

ok, well going back on topic.... how badly would it rub running 215/45/r17? im feeling a bit impatient waiting to get new rims (postponed my swap due to SD fires)
IIRC you should have NO problems at all.

Back