• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Meh... Have you ever driven one? Just so you know, they come with the 2.3 Duratec. And all the ST's are 5 speeds. Personally I would rather have an 07 Focus ST than my mistake. But thats my opinion.:shrug:

Focus ST 151hp, Mystique 170hp. Though the Focus is likely lighter.

If I was going to get a focus I would get the 2004 SVT at Lundgrens....asking $7K for it.

The ST is probably about as quick as the SVT (ST has bigger engine) but I like the sedan of the ST much better than the hatchback SVT. Though the SVT comes with a sweet interior so does the ST. Only thing the ST is missing is the 6 speed from the FSVT :drool:

I figure once/when the SVT dies I will toy with the idea of a 3.0L (depening on the amount of pain I want to go threw). If I don't want that I am not sure what way I will want to go. Early WRX? :shrug:

Actually I have started falling in love with these. I like everything about them.

The model through '03 is vastly superior in looks, handling, fit and finish, and interior design / quality. Plus, they're older, so they're cheaper. And, as elraido will point out, the 3.8 is one tough mill. Really, look at one of these instead. :cool:

1997-2003-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-97129191990409.jpg

did any of the SHO's have black leather? i'd like to swap out the seats. or swap for nicer grey stuff, but i dont want that cloth/leather mix crap. i dont really need anything under the hood for the SHO, but i'd like a cleaner interior. and i'd like the clunking to stop in the back :(

Time for rear sway bar links. You might also do strut mounts and bar bushings while you're back there. :cool:

From Rockauto.com:

ACDELCO Part # 45G0186 {#88929994}
LINK KIT,RR STAB SHF -; REPAIR-OE TYPE-CONT RUBBER BUSHING
LINK KIT,RR STAB SHF -; 4 DR, REPAIR-OE TYPE-CONT RUBBER BUSHING

$25.89

Time for rear sway bar links. You might also do strut mounts and bar bushings while you're back there. :cool:

From Rockauto.com:

ACDELCO Part # 45G0186 {#88929994}
LINK KIT,RR STAB SHF -; REPAIR-OE TYPE-CONT RUBBER BUSHING
LINK KIT,RR STAB SHF -; 4 DR, REPAIR-OE TYPE-CONT RUBBER BUSHING

$25.89

i've been back and forth with shoforum about this.

i have: tokiko struts, eibach springs, and i jjust put in new MOOG heavy duty swabar end links, and new swabybar bushings. nothing in the rear is loose, i cant figure out the clunk. it's not the spare, or stuff in the back. i'm at a loss. i guess i give up :( and i only paid 11$ apiece for the end links.

i've been back and forth with shoforum about this.

i have: tokiko struts, eibach springs, and i jjust put in new MOOG heavy duty swabar end links, and new swabybar bushings. nothing in the rear is loose, i cant figure out the clunk. it's not the spare, or stuff in the back. i'm at a loss. i guess i give up :( and i only paid 11$ apiece for the end links.

What about your rubber spring seats? Think you could be getting a little coil clash where the base of the spring contacts the strut?

possible. if that's the problem, how would i remedy it? the springs look to be in decent condition. it's got no rear end sag. there is suface rust and the paint is peeling off the springs, but they still look really good compared to most cars. another thing i noticed is that the dynomax exhaust is run pretty close to the rear subframe..... maybe it is swinging into the subframe? i havent gotten close enough to look and see if it's dented or anything. the noise is hard to trace, it sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear, but everything seems very tight. /shrug :(

Just as big as my Mystique.:laugh::laugh:

Actually quite a bit smaller. 9" shorter (175" to 184"). The Mazda6 is a couple of inches longer than the Mystique, and substantially bigger inside. I also find more room in the back seat than the Grand Prix (though with my moonroof-equipped 5-door, headroom is less than I need in both).

Youngkid, I liked the sedans of that generation as well.

possible. if that's the problem, how would i remedy it? the springs look to be in decent condition. it's got no rear end sag. there is suface rust and the paint is peeling off the springs, but they still look really good compared to most cars. another thing i noticed is that the dynomax exhaust is run pretty close to the rear subframe..... maybe it is swinging into the subframe? i havent gotten close enough to look and see if it's dented or anything. the noise is hard to trace, it sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear, but everything seems very tight. /shrug :(

Could darn well be. If you notice it particularly when you're loading the car left or right, or over significant bumps, I'd say its well worth checking out. Might need an extra hanger in there if the stock locations aren't giving adequate clearance.

Alright who wants to help install the new subframe in the Cougar :crazy: I think I'm going to pressure wash the one I picked up and possibly give it a fresh paint job :)

Removing it on Saturday in the junkyard wasn't an overly fun experience, but we got it done and only cost me $28 bucks with tax :laugh:

WOOOT!!! My federal tax return dropped into my bank account this morning. I have money again. :D

We got boned hard on our return....big time. At least we didn't have to pay in. :nonono: We got married at the end of the year, have been paying in as single all year, both paying in as "1" and we only got $400 back total. WTF is that?

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=26177

yeah. I am a little tired of it, that is for sure. Basically 3 weeks of this stuff now with only a couple of days of temps near 20 that seemed nice

It's a "whole 'nother" set of circumstances when temps near 20 seem nice.

One of the Michigan guys, sometime back, said "I sure hope that summer falls on a weekend this year." :laugh:

I have no idea how the heck they can do that. Any student credits you can claim?

Well I make a pretty good chunk of change for someone that is "dependent" and as far as taxes are concerned don't have enough expenses. I don't pay rent and I only owe an occasional few hundred bucks on my charge card. Everything else I pay off, including tuition, which I can claim but it doesn't help much. So.... I end up paying in usually :blackeye:

Next year I'll shoot for claiming Independent :cool:, then I should start getting money back

It's a "whole 'nother" set of circumstances when temps near 20 seem nice.

One of the Michigan guys, sometime back, said "I sure hope that summer falls on a weekend this year." :laugh:

Yup, I would say 20 is nice :) But I wouldn't generalize all of MN as being that cold. Down here in the twin cities are record low is like -37 or something, and that's been hit twice in like 70 some years. So northern MN hits lower temps than our cities record pretty much every year :laugh:

Back