• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What should i do next???

njk1

CEG'er
I now have a intake, udp, and have an SVT exhaust in the works.... What should i do now? I want ideas in a cheap price range... im down to do pretty much anything as long as its cheap enough throw out some ideas to me... the outside of my car is kinda beat so im goin for a super sleeper:laugh:

suspension.

you can find some relatively cheap mods do to the suspension, like rear strut tower stabilizer bar, camber kits, sway bar...or if your are really feeling good...shocks and struts...but that would be a little expensive.

the only problem is that none of those is exaxtly cheap. your looking at about $300 average just to buy the parts plus you have to install it (the flywheel being the hardest).

i would say if you have the money do cams, headers, and a tune otherwise start modding the suspension

I agree, I'd start with the 21mm rer sway bar, and while you got everything took apart, subframe bushings, and I'd clean it out and re-seal the under coat to stop corrosion. then work your way to the front and rear tower bars, also if you don't like aftermarket looking hoods, I'd get the carbon fiber oe looking hood to reduce a lot of weight. Speaking of weight reductions, does anybody know if there's a C/F trunk lid available?

cheapest bang for the buck on the zetec engine mods (and i've done them all lol) is decat.

unfortunately all the other things cost a couple hundred dollars minimum, each.

it may be a couple of hundred dollars but in order to get that zetec movin you'll haveta spend that much. just save your money and do one mod at a time. thats what i did. or do all the small ones.

the oil pan is different. the exhaust on the focus passes down the middle of the engine while ours passes down the passenger side. it wont fit without serious modifications. your best bet would to get like a JBA shorty 4-1 header and make a custom downpipe (or make an adapter pipe, add a turbo and then a custom downpipe :D).

I said cheap:laugh: I might not do much more now cause guess what... I have the good old 3rd gear problem....not fun.

Back