• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

...Yup, I would say 20 is nice :) But I wouldn't generalize all of MN as being that cold. Down here in the twin cities are record low is like -37 or something, and that's been hit twice in like 70 some years. So northern MN hits lower temps than our cities record pretty much every year :laugh:

I'm from Massachusetts, and live there currently, and we're not known for our balmy winters by any stretch. Suffice it to say that a year round golf season is out of the questions unless you've got a lot of balls. :laugh:

I've never been much for winter clothes -- tend to eschew heavy jackets and sweaters. I'd sooner run for the car in a t-shirt and my black leather bomber jacket than have the "luxury" of being able to hang out in the weather for protracted periods. All that said, I've got a pretty good tolerance for cold, but much prefer the hot weather to the cold, though a happy medium -- 75 degrees, say -- is always wonderful. I've lived in both western Montana and Miami, Florida, but I consistently approach winter with a kind of disdain. In summer, I relish the fact that winter is far away, and when fall arrives, I'm pleased that it's not cold yet, but nonplussed in the knowledge that winter is not far away.

Presently, I pleased that spring is relatively close, and am looking forward to the warm weather with fervor. I still hand it to you Minnesota guys for hacking it in a winter climate that significantly outchills mine, and it's 26 here today.

The only bad part is that I have to walk about 3 blocks from where I park at work. When you grow up in this weather you really do become acustomed to it, and work with it. Then when spring comes around you absolutly love it (i.e. spring = may around here LOL). Some years my dad still has snow in the more dense parts of the woods in early June.

The only bad part is that I have to walk about 3 blocks from where I park at work. When you grow up in this weather you really do become acustomed to it, and work with it. Then when spring comes around you absolutly love it (i.e. spring = may around here LOL). Some years my dad still has snow in the more dense parts of the woods in early June.

spring wont be starting that late. march, the fiero will be coming back out, come hell or high water! and when the fiero comes out, thats when spring starts! granted, it will probably be closer to the end of march, but hey, what are you gonna do!

you do grow somewhat acustom to it, but when it is in the - teens, it really sucks.

spring wont be starting that late. march, the fiero will be coming back out, come hell or high water! and when the fiero comes out, thats when spring starts! granted, it will probably be closer to the end of march, but hey, what are you gonna do!

you do grow somewhat acustom to it, but when it is in the - teens, it really sucks.

We always seem to get a nice blizzard in march.

We always seem to get a nice blizzard in march.

yeah, dont remind me. march is typically our snowiest month. but it always disapears quick as well.

i get to play with fieros this weekend :D we are dynoing the purple beast. you'll actually be able to watch it on the shop cam onlne!

yeah, dont remind me. march is typically our snowiest month. but it always disapears quick as well.

i get to play with fieros this weekend :D we are dynoing the purple beast. you'll actually be able to watch it on the shop cam onlne!

I would be really interesting to see what that thing puts down. I am assuming he is running a smaller pully, and what else? Any idea on a 1/4 mile time?

well, i belive he can go to a smaller pully yet, but:

the motor is #5 and hopefully has it right this time (switched builders after the last one)

-tons of head work (to the tune of over $1100)
-massive amounts of porting
-pistons
-intercooler
-custom exhaust (i belive it is 3 inch all the way (for that 5 feet :) )
-cam
the big MP-112 blower on top (same blower internals of the one on the lighting)
-valves
-and whatever else can be changed, upgraded, ect.

oh, an don top of that, i believe it is a 150 shot of nos. (but we wont be tuning with that)

ive ridden in it before, and know how it went, and he hays that the car is waaay faster and stronger now than then. its gonna be a good time :)

oh,a nd he hasnt had it to the strip yet, but on the last motor (beofre it was tuned) he was beating mid 11 second cars. and he says that it is waaay stronger now then then

Its just a custom built setup. A woman I work with and her fiance do it on the side.

It nothing REAL special. But its really expandable.

160g hard drive
2 gig ram
wireless card
separate graphics card, not integrated

I dont even remember everything about it. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get my audio out to work.:crazy:

Its just a custom built setup. A woman I work with and her fiance do it on the side.

It nothing REAL special. But its really expandable.

160g hard drive
2 gig ram
wireless card
separate graphics card, not integrated

I dont even remember everything about it. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get my audio out to work.:crazy:

Built in sound card? did you get a cd with the mobo?

What processor?

My home build is an AMD 64bit dual core 2.6ghz, 2 gig RAM, built in graphics card, 2 250gig SATA hd's, built in network/sound card, Antec case.

Built in sound card? did you get a cd with the mobo?

What processor?

My home build is an AMD 64bit dual core 2.6ghz, 2 gig RAM, built in graphics card, 2 250gig SATA hd's, built in network/sound card, Antec case.

AMD dual core 4400 1.5 gigs ram, 512 PCIe graphics card, built in sound etc. Lame-o case.

SVTBridge2.jpg

SVTBridge.jpg

Back