• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

polishing is hard

bagged

You'll Never Take Me Alive!!
took a couple of pics and figured id throw em up so you guys can see.
these still need lots of work but they are starting to look good.
PICT0446.jpg

PICT0445.jpg

holy chit, you have gotten a lot done since I was helping out with it. you are right about it though, its goot to look uber hawt when its done, it looks great right now...

what grit are you up too now?

That looks awesome! What method did you use to polish those?

Does anyone know if the Zetec head can be polished like that?

a whole lot of sanding and grinding and stripping then when thats all done ill rouge everything out . it blows.
anything aluminum can be polished

Zetec can be polished. Thats a contour cover i have on my focus. Took a lot of work but came out great. Its no 100%alu. though. Its Magnesium and aluminum i believe so it shines but not as bright as aluminum. Used buffing pads on a bench grinder with 4 different compounds and wheels.
P1020350.jpg

Thats quite a CAI Setup.

Nice job polishing bagged, ive done a 8" x 8" Vanity plate...that wasnt fun, I cant imagine all those "contours" in those parts.

a whole lot of sanding and grinding and stripping then when thats all done ill rouge everything out . it blows.
anything aluminum can be polished

yeah, after looking at the work that has been done there, I have been thinking about picking up another valve cover and going to town on it, a zetec valve cover would be HELLA easier to polish, but still extremely time consuming :crazy:

wanna help a brother out scott?

you know i will:cool:

actually when i get em done i probably wont use em. i think im gonna get another set and have them coppered

Last edited:
I just roughed mine up on the Cougar before I painted it and man that was enough work. I couldn't imagine doing it in stages of different grits :crazy:

I used a wire wheel and a corded drill with a scotch brite and it was still too much work :laugh: I just roughed it up enough that it was nice and clean and then I hit mine with high gloss black engine paint.

During (cell phone pic):
UIM.jpg

Back