• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0L Swap / Turbo OHIO

BriceRice

CEG'er
I am starting my 3.0L swap and I am located in south west ohio. Just wanted to check if there was anyone in that area that has done any swaps. I havent work too much under the hood so anyone that has been there before would be a great help. Turbo will be added later, time depending on money flow so anyone else with turbo experince in that area please let me know as well.

I'm in Mason, Ohio about 30 minutes away from you. I've done the swap twice now. What do you need help with? Hit me up in a PM and we can talk.

I drive a silver SVT, and live in East Dayton. I haven't done a swap but have spent some time under the hood of the SVT. I would be glad to help. Sounds like Dycomet has the most knowledge pertaining to the swap. I too plan on the turbo in the near future. Hit me with a PM, and we'll meet up.

Rod

Body Work

Body Work

Also anyone with any body/paint work experince? Sad to said but i nailed a curb; messed up the bumper on the right bottom pretty good. I have pics if anyone would like to see, a splitter would cover most of it up but I would just rather get it fixed. Thinking of going to from t-red to black, just wanted to see how much work would really be into that and would it be worth it?

Haha well I'll be sure to hit him up, also what porting needs to be done to use the svt uim?

BEfore you get flamed, do some searching. FYI ... If you are using the 3L block and 3L heads, then the 3L oval port heads need to be grinded a little bigger to match up to the svt split port lower intake manifold. You also need to grind out a valley in the side of the oval ports where the SVT LIM injectors spray. The 3L LIM injectors spray in the middle of the oval intake ports and those valleys will need to be filled with JB weld or you will need to use Bugzukis 3L/SVT LIM intake plates.

I humored you some, but please search before you ask these questions that have been covered time and time again.

Ive been searching on here alot, just trying to get all the bases covered. This is my first 3L swap so Im trying to ask the question i need to. BTW how much would shop charge to grind out all these ports?

Ive been searching on here alot, just trying to get all the bases covered. This is my first 3L swap so Im trying to ask the question i need to. BTW how much would shop charge to grind out all these ports?

Don't take it to a shop. PM Stazi... he does all of that and I trust him more than a shop who has never done it before.

I can see where this thread is headed. I'll check back in 6 mo. to see my prediciton come to fruition.

Back