• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally got a new HU!

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Don't worry, i'll get some better pics up soon... I finally got my Alpine HU, it's the CDA-9883. Also got the high-speed ipod link for it...

1209071519a.jpg

Now i'm thinking about a pre-98 center console so I have a good spot to put the ipod...

But, I want to get the rest of the stereo installed and get some other mods done to the car first. I've got everything I need collected to put in a rear-deck sub so that's likely what's next...

I think that head unit has an error on it. Says someone is listening to Kanye West. That can't be right.

yeah andy..why kanye? i mean i love hip hop..but what about atmoshpere or something?!??!
lol. you better be gathering enough parts for two setups(minus sub of course!!)

Don't worry, i'll get some better pics up soon... I finally got my Alpine HU, it's the CDA-9883. Also got the high-speed ipod link for it...

Now i'm thinking about a pre-98 center console so I have a good spot to put the ipod...

But, I want to get the rest of the stereo installed and get some other mods done to the car first. I've got everything I need collected to put in a rear-deck sub so that's likely what's next...

I probably would of put that Ipod in the center arm rest or glove box, I like the out of sight out of mind idea, granted it's usually not a problem, but I don't like to advertise.... Nice install thought, did you do the amp bypass?

To be completely honest i'm not really a big Kanye fan either... It was on the ipod and i'm still learning how to use all of the fancy new features that my old Alpine didn't have...

Where the ipod is, you can't really see it anyways, I just tipped it up a little bit so you could see it in the pics... Since it's a nano, it drops right down in that slot and all you can really see is the cable. But, I will likely still move it as i'm not a big fan of the cable coming down there...

Yea, I bypassed the amp, no reason not to, the alpine amp is much better than the ford amp. Now, the one in my old kenwood deck that I had in the mystique before the alpine... That's another story...

Last edited:
I probably would of put that Ipod in the center arm rest or glove box, I like the out of sight out of mind idea, granted it's usually not a problem, but I don't like to advertise.... Nice install thought, did you do the amp bypass?

I've got the same problem with my mp3 setup. The issue is the freaking cable is too short for the player to go anywhere else besides by the cupholders. I just take mine with me or put in the the glovebox when i leave the car

I've got the same problem with my mp3 setup. The issue is the freaking cable is too short for the player to go anywhere else besides by the cupholders. I just take mine with me or put in the the glovebox when i leave the car

The cable I got with the Alpine is plenty long. I'm sure I could have put it in the arm rest, but, I don't want to drill a hole in the center console to run the wire through...

Nice head unit but I wont ever ever listen to that whinning race card pulling prick Kanye West ever!!!!!

Slick! I was thinking about getting a Pioneer as I like the look of 'em... But, I was very happy with the old one that I had so I figured i'd get another one... Plus it was on sale at crutchfield and they were including the ipod cable for it...

Here is the unit I just put in my 96 SVTique. It was only like $115 and I was not looking for too much any way. Best thing is the USB port on the front. Works with my Sansa E260 and charges my T-mobile dash while driving. It also has options for straight Ipod/Sansa connection, HD radio, Sat. radio, and bluetooth. They are add-on modules, but nice to know you can upgrade the unit.

kenwood435.jpg

The USB port kicks arse!

GO PATS!!!
31A5XFTKNHL._AA280_.jpg

I've had the ipod in both the center console and the glovebox before. Both work pretty well. In the Contour my cable barely reaches the center console because I have an older Alpine that still needed the brain for the iPod feature so I've got that behind the kick panel passenger side.

But in the Coug I have just the cable with a newer alpine deck and ipod in the glovebox :)

Alpine FTW!!!! :eek:

I need to upgrade the harddrive in my car. 20 gigs 5 years ago was enough, not so much anymore. :( Mounted in the trunk and uses the headunit to control it.

Personally my dream setup is something from mp3car.com, with basically a mini computer installed, with wifi, so I could sync all my music from a folder in my house to a Hard drive in my car, and have all my music with me at all times, that would be sweet!

Back