• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally got a new HU!

GREAT choice!

I swear by Alpine head units, unless I get a sweet deal on something else, I will only buy Alpine in the future. Even their cheaper line of headunits sound incredible and last forever. I really want to upgrade to one with iPod control and Built in Sirius sat radio. But the one I have now is just so good I am not willing to let it go. I will probably keep this one until it completely dies.

I actually had a friend get a similar head unit with ipod control, and ran the cable into his glove box, he has never taken his 30 gig ipod out of his glove box because he doesnt need too. Basically he just made his car have a hard drive. which is sweet.

Last edited:
i'm loking at that HU at the moment, either that one, the 9884 or the 9885, i've been using alpine since i had a license, the only thing i don't like is that the faces aren't anti-glare, so when the sun hits it you can read a damn thing.

I planned on eventually getting another ipod souly dedicated to living in the glovebox.

no one will ever beat my super-stealth head unit install!!!! :laugh:

stereo pics 033.jpg

stereo10.jpg

When I bought my Eclipse, USB and Ipod weren't out yet. Mine has the memory stick or whatever they call it. It's like the mini disc players. Had a mini disc changer in my 4runner. Never went anywhere. I suck at picking winners.

Hmm, I didn't realize that Alpine has integrated iPod use now. I hated the idea of that separate unit.

A few questions while we're at it..
Does it allow you to play any/all of your playlists?
Can you set it to play songs in the playlists in order and at random?

yes and yes. Alpine is the only company with a full speed ipod connection.

Yeah, Alpine came out with that speed cable last year, then bumped it up this year to a higher speed, and now this year everyone has a speed cable instead of a box setup... kinda fishy huh..

Back