• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3 Liter 2001 Taurus w/2004 Cams

:troutslap: judging by the silver overspray on the engine hoist, yeah. i should look harder before i ask stupid questions ;)

Well if all goes well I may have a dyno appointment by this friday or saturday on the different intakes setup (UIM)

Here are the pics of the Intake piping I will be selling online soon. I just need the low speed transistor to arrive and I will be ripping up some tires this week with different tunes. Oh and Cold-air intakes will be all bent one peice no welds this is the prototype pipe I built.
LIM Mod 041.jpg

LIM Mod 042.jpg

LIM Mod 043.jpg

thats a ruff lookn tour u got there joey :laugh:. good job on the intake tho. thats probably the most uncomplicated intake system i've ever seen... on our tours at least. just one piece to an air filter. not bad.

howz that gonna work tho? the intercooler piping and air intake are two different pipes. the air intake one goes straight to the turbo.

Actually the Intake is multi-used on the car I shorten the intake to fit the turbo kits now Julian that is the pipe you are getting accept it is shorter for the turbo kit.

The cold air kit will sells for $135 comes with the K&N,clamps,painted mandrel bent pipe, silicone hose, MAF adapter and bolts.

ooooh. thats wot u're doing with the kits now. gatcha. the cold air kit would still warrant the drilling of the fender han? small sacrifice to make to get the extra ponies. the intakes we all mostly have are the 'fau' cold air ones from kurtkustomz n the likes. kudos joey!

I didn't have to cut or drill anything to get Joey's pipe through the inner fender hole in my car. It worked perfectly.

really? thats really odd. the pipe for ma turbo kit i got didnt fit. a bigger hole had to be drilled. unless u're talking about the one for the cold air intake. he must've reduced the size or sumthn

really? thats really odd. the pipe for ma turbo kit i got didnt fit. a bigger hole had to be drilled. unless u're talking about the one for the cold air intake. he must've reduced the size or sumthn

I didn't have to cut anything to get the one coming from the air filter into the cold side of the turbo... it takes the same path as these CAI pictures. I didn't cut anything there, it just fit right through with no problems. :shrug:

You probably have the pipe running through the hole at more of an angle. I'm pretty sure you can fit a 3.5" pipe if it's at a 45* angle... but straight on with a 3" pipe is tight or hits the smaller part of the tear drop shaped hole.

Hey Joey... I know you've been busy with the supercharger kit, but have you had a chance to do the dynos for this one?

Nice intake, very sweet. :)
I guess I found what I will be using now--just a couple questions:
any fender clearencing required? can you install w/o removing front cover?
Just wanted to subscribe to see the results as well.
-J

Back