• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sz '08

Barge

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, you people better start saving for next year because I don't wanna drive 64+ hours in 8 days by myself again.

So everyone is required to save up 2 grand for next years SZ. That gives you enough money for the travel and to have a good time while you're there.

Do It

OK, you people better start saving for next year because I don't wanna drive 64+ hours in 8 days by myself again.

So everyone is required to save up 2 grand for next years SZ. That gives you enough money for the travel and to have a good time while you're there.

Do It

Maybe I can move to Texas around the time of SZ next year....

At least you got to stay in motels on the way there! :) I'm tentatively planning on going next year. I wish I coulda gone this year too, but I didn't have enough vacation time.

That's just a low, low $167/month folks! Come on, you KNOW you wanna go! Just go check out all the posts and pictures in the SZ section if you need some incentive. :laugh:

Marty

Wow, 2 grand in 3 days-ish? That's crazy.

It does sound like it will be a lot of fun. Hopefully spring-thaw will have hit by then and I can get 'coptered out of work to partake in the fun. It'd be nice to see all the faces that go with the names, and all the cars too.

Well you're talking 6 days of driving. My gas was over $600 bucks, Open track $60, Dyno $50, Drag $20. Hotels during the trip back and forth, hotels during the stay.

Food??? varies

Beer usually a lot... probably an easy 200+ over the 3 days.

You can do it for less, but save up the 2k and not have a worry about money the whole time. This time I was a little tight due to all my last minute mods and it's more fun when you don't have to worry about money.

If you don't care about showing your car, then the trip can be much cheaper if you fly in.
It's the price of gas and time it takes to get there that kills most people's wallets, especially if you make hotel stops to sleep on the way.

Alcohol and food are pretty much the other major expenses, but you don't have to get plowed or pig out, so you can save your pennies on those items (with a little willpower).

I dunno.. if I go I'd rather go and go all out. Plus I encourage everyone to open track, drag race, etc.

Also if people don't wanna take their car but still wanna do the journey they could always grab a ride with someone. I couldn't even get anyone to ride with me this year.

I guess it all depends on the car situation. I would totally ride with someone, but I'm kind of out-of-the way with respect to all of you. I could always drive down and meet up with someone and ride from there, I have no issues with that.
There's more than enough time to orchestrate something!

And Kim- I don't drink beer, so my life just got a whole lot cheaper! I can imagine that I'll be asked to bring some "real" (AHEM Canadian) beer with me, so that'd be the only beer I'd be bringing!

Picked up a case of Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nector... :drool: yummm... Damn you Barge for getting me addicted!!! At least I have a close store who will keep it in stock just for meee!!! :laugh:

I hate you... bring me some immediately.

and I've had mac and jacks but didn't know it was Canadian. I figured you were talking about molson, labatts or some other crap like that.

Well what does that have to do with me hmpf'ing canadian beers then? WTF mate

I was agreeing with you and poo-pooing the idea of kouskie bringing ****ty Canadian beer. We have plenty good beers, just like Mack and Jacks locally.

OK?

Damn barge, don't make me yell at you! :D

Back