• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who on here was caught street racing?

I realize this is old footage, but still... didn't that seem a little reckless on the cops' part, knowing they had a road block down the street? It's like kicking a hornets' nest of multi-ton metal cars then trying to run between them.

Hey dpa43, how is Probetalk nowadays?

Im assuming you use to frequent the board?
Its ok, I don't frequent the board very often, only when I need to get an answer to a problem or look to buy or sell parts. There is a lot of good information over there for Probes & 626's.

There might even be a run on Probe & 626 owners wanting to buy Contour Rear Sway bars thou, apprently the bars fit the Probe with very little modifaction.

Yeah, used to have an '89 LX. I got a little fed up with the cliquish nature of that site; then when I met the actual people at some meets, I was really done with it. But yeah, it's good for info.

I thought it was interesting that they ran out of the building and into the cars. Way to get run over and killed boneheads!

Exactly! If they wanted to drive the cars to the other end of the road, all they needed was one black and white with its lights on.

Yeah, used to have an '89 LX. I got a little fed up with the cliquish nature of that site; then when I met the actual people at some meets, I was really done with it. But yeah, it's good for info.

Really I used to have an 89 LX also. Had that before I bought my 96 Contour SE. I really enjoyed that car. It never gave me any problems.

As for the cliquish nature of the site, it hasn't changed much.

lol thats not far from by place, and while I have a white 2000 contour, its not a svt so was not my car lol. would have been cool though, I just got it last week after the 98 with 4 in it died of tranny issues.

Hmmm.. Street racing is wrong? I somehow don't remember reading that in the TXDot manual. Maybe I will look again... ha. Man, not that I ever did that or anything.. sure looks fun.. In a spooky kinda way.. uh.. yeah...

Back