• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fishing

elraido

I kant speel
Anyone going fishing this weekend? Looks like it will be nice for once and no snow/ice/rain. I will be going for bass since I am in the northern part of the state where we can do that during walleye opener. it is the only fish I can catch! LOL. But, I normally don't do well on the openers anyways....the fish are still out a little deeper then when it warms up a little more.

Where you at?? by buddy backed out on going on sat morning... if it isnt too far.. id consider meeting up

Anyone going fishing this weekend? Looks like it will be nice for once and no snow/ice/rain. I will be going for bass since I am in the northern part of the state where we can do that during walleye opener. it is the only fish I can catch! LOL. But, I normally don't do well on the openers anyways....the fish are still out a little deeper then when it warms up a little more.

Where you at?? by buddy backed out on going on sat morning... if it isnt too far.. id consider meeting up

He's quite a ways up there if i remember correctly.

I've gone walleye fishing on opener with my dad but its always like a parking lot out on the flats of Mille Lacs. We sometimes go but don't make a big deal out of it. I like waiting til its less crowded out there :)

I am up by eveleth on the iron range. About 20 miles south of lake vermillion. :) I am going to be fishing on two lakes. Bass Lake (fiances parents and aunt and uncle own land and a cabin on it) and Long Lake(mom owns a lake house on it). Both small lakes where only locals fish for the most part so it won't busy.

Last edited:
Ive been through Eveleth.. I think i sneezed, looked for a Napkin and passed it... :D
I like the area up there...
Except during the winter, in a Cube Van, with no 4wd...

BTW, i was Driving through Tower MN in the winter of 2004/2005 when it hit something like -50 :D

Ive been through Eveleth.. I think i sneezed, looked for a Napkin and passed it... :D
I like the area up there...
Except during the winter, in a Cube Van, with no 4wd...

BTW, i was Driving through Tower MN in the winter of 2004/2005 when it hit something like -50 :D

yeah, my freind drives a mustang all year round. Sometimes he has trouble getting going on his flat driveway.

Coldest I have seen it (grew up near Embarrass----you would have driven by it up to Tower) was -60.

You aren't missing anything in Eveleth....can't wait to sell the house and move back out into the country.

Funny - I just got back from fishing opener in Ely, MN. Drove through every one of those towns.. I love it up there. We did awesome - how did everybody else do?

GRRRRRR. I only went fishing for about a 1/2 hour total. Got nothing. But then again I didn't have that much time because I was hauling brush from Jack Pines we cut down in my dads field and a BBQ my fiance had at our house last night. If you ever go threw Eveleth again, drive down Jones St, you can see my SVT

Alright - it is usually only a 1 time of the year event. I'll be heading to Gilbert with my 4x4 for some wheeling.

Alright - it is usually only a 1 time of the year event. I'll be heading to Gilbert with my 4x4 for some wheeling.

Stop at the whistling bird in gilbert when you go. THE best place to eat around here. You might need to call a day or so in advance for reservations during the weekend. Sometimes you can get in sometimes you can't. It is a Jamacian style resteraunt run by a guy from Jamaica. Very good food, I normally get the hawaiian teryiaki steak. when they were filming North Country up here, Charleze Theron was there a lot. What hotel do you normally stay at?

Stop at the whistling bird in gilbert when you go. THE best place to eat around here. You might need to call a day or so in advance for reservations during the weekend. Sometimes you can get in sometimes you can't. It is a Jamacian style resteraunt run by a guy from Jamaica. Very good food, I normally get the hawaiian teryiaki steak. when they were filming North Country up here, Charleze Theron was there a lot. What hotel do you normally stay at?

lol - I havn't gone up there yet. Driven past it many many times but never stopped. I got big into 4X4's after driving by it a few times and going to some local events. I've got a capable rig now and want to try it out there. I may end up going on some runs with some people from the area - may end up comming up with another person. I really dont like to drive 280+ miles @ <10mpg, thrash on my truck all weekend and trust it all the way home...:blackeye:

I'll definatly check out that place, now I'm hungry!

Isn't there a great little bar in Eveleth called "TUNAS", yeah, I'm pretty sure there is!!!!

Yup. Only live about 6 blocks from it. From what I hear, it isn't the classiest "exotic dancers" bar out there. I know some people who have been there, and they are kind of scared. LOL!

Back