• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT OEM CD player sells for record high on ebay.

I think the most common reason for replacement if for attaching Aux components and putting subs in. Personally I think it'd look sweet having a stock dash but I need the thump. Gotta drown out the roar of the exaust some how.:D

I think the most common reason for replacement if for attaching Aux components and putting subs in. Personally I think it'd look sweet having a stock dash but I need the thump. Gotta drown out the roar of the exaust some how.:D

That's what you use LOC's and OEM integration hardware for. ;) I've never liked the look of any stock setup in a car.

Man. just insane. Are ppl afraid of botching an aftermarket deck install because of wiring? I don't get it.

Sucks for the buyer.. that thing looks like 1989 :laugh:

Regardless if you want aux inputs or what not.. aftermarket HU's make stock speakers sound better.

I guess he gets an A for making it stock :)

That's insanity...even if you dont' want to mess with the factory amp you can buy some sort of plugin adapter and get a new HU for less than that.

I think I sold my skipping factory HU for $120.

I figured after specifying in the auction that CD's skip when the HU is hot, that no one would buy it. Guess I was wrong. :shrug:

do junkyards know how much these are worth? I know my local junkyard has all the radios pulled already, its a U Pull it type junkyard and they have them in a glass case. What do you think the most its worth paying for one to try to make money on ebay? I'm sure all of them are in well used condition.

do junkyards know how much these are worth? I know my local junkyard has all the radios pulled already, its a U Pull it type junkyard and they have them in a glass case. What do you think the most its worth paying for one to try to make money on ebay? I'm sure all of them are in well used condition.

The ones people are looking for are the ones that look brand new without the buttons all worn off. Id say the least you could get for one on ebay is $40.

Yes, they do... I've gotten prices upwards of $200 for a stock CD player... more for double DIN.

Yes, they do... I've gotten prices upwards of $200 for a stock CD player... more for double DIN.

Yea, most places i've been to know that (or at least think) that they're worth a fortune....

Now i'm tempted to pull my cd player, amp, wiring and amp bracket out of my SVT and sell it... :D

i got 70 for mine on e bay and the buttons were slightly wore

looks like its time to throw mine up there. Its in nearly perfect condition. The person who had the car before me replaced it almost immediatly and I only used it for maybe a month before I went aftermarket. I always assumed the thing was basically worthless, but I guess not!

I also have the stock amp. Do you guys think I should list them together, or would it be better to list them seperate?

looks like its time to throw mine up there. Its in nearly perfect condition. The person who had the car before me replaced it almost immediatly and I only used it for maybe a month before I went aftermarket. I always assumed the thing was basically worthless, but I guess not!

I also have the stock amp. Do you guys think I should list them together, or would it be better to list them seperate?

Seperate. Most people are really only interested in the CD player.

Back