• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The things YOU have left unfinished

Nezerconezer

Hard-core CEG'er
We all do it. Some times we get tired of the job we are doing or we don't have the tools we need, and we take short cuts. So heres a thread where everyone gets to show their cars faults, all excuses welcomed, not all accepted. So show us how lazy you are.

Heres one of mine, I'm still at work and have no camera so more will be added later.

Did a tail light switcheroo on my cars, but have been too undecisive on what to put in the ford and mercury emblems place.
tail007.jpg

P1010004.jpg

I don't have pictures, but I bought Ford emblem decals from parkedcar to put over the SVT centercaps on our E1's. Never installed them. And now that we're selling the GL, we're keeping the wheels, so there's no need to cover up the "SVT" in the centercap. :blackeye:

When I installed the rear strut tower bar in the Cougar, I took out the hatch's door light to avoid breaking it. I put everything back together without the light, and figured I'd put it back in eventually. Somehow we lost the light, and even when we moved, I still never found where we put that danged thing. Now there's an empty hole. :mad:

I'm sure I have more stupid crap to post up. I'll try to snap pics if I think of it.

After putting my entire interior back in the car, I have yet to put the lower half of the backseat back in the car.

My excuse: Less weight = better gas mileage.
tmi.gif

MVC_009L.jpg

Bent exaust. Had to drill out a broken stud on the flange behind the cat. Only to find out we didn't have a sharp enough bit of a large enough size. So, there is still an exhaust leak and a bent exhaust. Have had it for 2 weeks now. Was going to swap off the SVT exhaust from my SE on to this car. :( Time to go get new drill bits....made for metal. LOL. But I did fiberglass the trailer hitch cut out. Look halfway decent now, just need mesh.

Also need to finish installing my stero equpiment. I miss my 20 gig harddrive at the moment. Just sitting in my trunk.

I try not to take pictures of the stuff I haven't finished yet lol.

The red LED's in my hvac panel aren't soldered properly so they flicker.

I have 1 door handle with a red LED in it.

I bought leather seats to dye black...but I don't have enough dye and I don't have any acrylic finisher. I also never picked up the seats.

and theres lots more parts sitting around waiting to be installed.

EVO hood
Mirko
Ford Racing Short Shifter and cut to match B&M height
Koni springs
Koni struts
Roush sway bar
Reinforced subframe
Tubular control arms
Boxed main control arms
Spherical rod end links
UD Alt and PS pulleys
Weapon R Headers + Y-Pipe
Trubendz 2.5" SS Piping
Trubendz 2.5" SS High-Flow Cat
Magnaflow Muffler #14316 (1 in center)
Magnaflow SS Race Series Mufflers #14842 (x2 in rear)

All of these parts are sitting in my basement looking shiney and new. :crazy:

The list is actually much bigger, but thats the main part of it. :laugh:

Last edited:
EVO hood
Mirko
Ford Racing Short Shifter and cut to match B&M height
Koni springs
Koni struts
Roush sway bar
Reinforced subframe
Tubular control arms
Boxed main control arms
Spherical rod end links
UD Alt and PS pulleys
Weapon R Headers + Y-Pipe
Trubendz 2.5" SS Piping
Trubendz 2.5" SS High-Flow Cat
Magnaflow Muffler #14316 (1 in center)
Magnaflow SS Race Series Mufflers #14842 (x2 in rear)

All of these parts are sitting in my basement looking shiney and new. :crazy:

The list is actually much bigger, but thats the main part of it. :laugh:

you know, I can take some of those off your hands for free. :laugh:

i have an ENTIRE stereo system that's been sitting in the garage for a year now. everything brand new.
Pioneer Avic touch screen
two Eclipse amps
Polk front/rears
Solo Baric sub
all supporting components/wires/etc...

having the stupid Bose system is a real deterrant to getting this done. not to mention the fact that every other week i think of getting a new car :rolleyes:

i have an ENTIRE stereo system that's been sitting in the garage for a year now. everything brand new.
Pioneer Avic touch screen
two Eclipse amps
Polk front/rears
Solo Baric sub
all supporting components/wires/etc...

having the stupid Bose system is a real deterrant to getting this done. not to mention the fact that every other week i think of getting a new car :rolleyes:

you can give all that stuff to me and i'll use it.

I've got a Ford Racing Short Throw to go in, MAF Adapter & K&N, E-brake cables, and some amps and speakers that need to be installed.

Welllllll... after I finished the turbo project I topped off the oil and checked the stick. Well after about 10 or 15 minutes of driving, I came to a stop and noticed smoke from under the hood. "OH F**K" Stop, pop the hood, and see oil everywhere!! Followed by the dipstick not pushed all the way down. LMAO

Back