• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

[56k DIE] A photo retrospective....

TGO

King of the OFT
I've been digging through all my old pictures, looking for notable things to enter into my shrine for # 609.

Alot have things have happened since i joined this site in 2000. Here's pics of my car along the way....and some other memorable moments too!

6/2/01 - The day i brought her home:

6201b.jpg

6201a.jpg

The 6Qts mark on the engine cover was a giant LOL! I left it there for a while too!
6201c.jpg

6201f.jpg

6201d.jpg

6201e.jpg

Last edited:
Spring Zing 02:

My car got PWNED the DAY BEFORE SZ!! I don't think my ding guards would have helped either! This is on the way to MI on thursday:

dent2.jpg

The Clarion later that day:
MVC-007F.jpg

Antonio:
MVC-008F.jpg

Pascal (my inspiration):

MVC-010F.jpg

BeyondloadedSE (before it was so loaded!):

MVC-011F.jpg

Worldtour (showed me how fast that car could go! ):

wrldtr1.jpg

wlrdtr2.jpg

wrldtr3.jpg

MOESVT:

MoeSVT.jpg

The Line for Gingerman:

MVC-019F.jpg

Last edited:
NYC Crew Representin'! that's me, Bill (slimshady), and his wife Alex

NYCrew.jpg

Jug Aftermath:

JVT:
jvtowned.jpg

Trapps:

trappsowned.jpg

and tim:

timowned.jpg

notice all the sunburn from standing outside drinking all day!

6/2/02:

Installed Indiglo's and painted interior pieces (fuzzy dice, I know!):

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

dash4.jpg

dash5.jpg

Dyno Day in March (before SZ) I forgot:

carondyno.jpg

dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Fall 03 - Installed Elky Mesh and Tinted tails:

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

One of my favorite shots of my car - coming back from Pete Tampas' place in Vermont where Shaggy and I were the first (atleast AFAIK) to install the FSVT Front brakes on our cars. You can see them peeking through the wheel there. What a crazy weekend that was!

nychris2.jpg

From left to right: J-lab, Chris (Shaggy), Micah, and moi

grouphump.jpg

Pwned by the blizzard that winter:

DSCF0012.jpg

Installed PIAA ION Fogs and HIDS in march 03:

Why I loved silver frost...
2Large.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
July 4 2003, Installed H&R Springs and ST200 struts (i did the suspension a few months before actually) and new wheels...the ones pascal sent me on a couple years search for!

Had the transmission built earlier that spring.

6.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

The Calendar Pic:
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

At that point, my car was pretty much how i wanted it to look.

After that, the car had another hit and run, which destroyed both my headlights...which was a blessing in disguise, cause they were starting to haze up...and i installed my stereo. A few other "dings" that i let go longer than i ever would have in the past...and i pretty much knew my love affair was coming to an end. I didn't have the fire burning under my @$$ for this car anymore.

Last pics I took before I sold her, October 06 or thereabouts:

PICT0248.jpg

PICT0270.jpg

6 years, 50+k miles, thousands of dollars and my blood, sweat and tears - then, she was gone....just like that :cry:

Last edited:
i've got video footage of JVT rolling around drunk on the ground in the parking lot of the hotel drunk off his @$$.

And in car footage of a few laps around gingerman.

I may need a better host for those though...dunno what photobucket lets you upload for free.

And I wanted to head to SZ this year...but at this point it doesn't look like that's gonna happen either...

Last edited:
Dude, I'm seriously gonna cry. I swear I was just going through all of my old pics of the Zetec and the few I have of the 3L SE, but mainly of the friends I've made being a part of CEG......:(

Last edited:
hey hey, my first SVT is in there. With CO plates.

you have red hair by any chance?? I remember a guy who drove really far by himself in a red SVT...

Dude, I'm seriously gonna cry. I swear I was just going through all of my old pics of the Zetec and the few I have of the 3L SE, but mainly of the friends I've made being a part of CEG......:(

tell me about it man. all of the people i originally went out there with are gone...as well as moe, tim kirk, etc. It's why i wanna make SZ so bad this year. Might be my last chance so see some people i haven't seen in a long time...

Back