• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i get out of work at 5pm saturday.... how late are you guy planning on having this till?

ill do everything i can to get there because im pretty surprised at the amount of poeple signed up already, i wouldnt want to miss that.

Probably not too late, unless people decide last minute to go elsewhere after dinner.
We'd probably be finished eating by the time you're able to make it over the restaurant.

Don't worry, I won't be for too long. I swear.

EDIT: But if I'm NECEG's whipping BOY, does that make you NECEG's wrinkly OLD MAN? :D

This old man will bring some whoop a** on you, you little whippersnapper!:troutslap: :p

My old eyes must have missed when you added that.

So far we're meeting at the AMF lanes in shrewsbury at 1 pm. then going over to the Texas Roadhouse in Worcester around 4pm. Is everyone on the list doing both? Let's try to get a few more folks to come along and take over both the lanes and the roadhouse.

1. Mike and Kim
2. Matt
3. Chris
4. Brian and Jess
5. Ian and Lindsey (we shall also be bringing a surprise )
6. Pappy
7. Jared
8. Roger and Debbie
9. Mike and Woman
10. Dan and bro(Aaron)
11. Ryan, Sue and bun in oven.
12. David & maybe Ryan
13. Steve and Karen
14. Haroon & Jill
15. Hopefully myself(Josh) and perhaps my friend.

Oh man, this is gonna be a sick meet.

Im going home tomorrow to wash and wax my car. Its been under the cover for about 8 weeks now.

I'm pumped. I'll be there all day. 110%:laugh:

Better bring your game faces.

1. Mike and Kim
2. Matt
3. Chris
4. Brian and Jess
5. Ian and Lindsey (we shall also be bringing a surprise )
6. Pappy
7. Jared
8. Roger and Debbie
9. Mike and Woman
10. Dan and bro(Aaron)
11. Ryan, Sue and bun in oven.
12. David & maybe Ryan
13. Steve and Karen
14. Haroon & Jill
15. Hopefully myself(Josh) and perhaps my friend
16. Snipey and hopefully the new lady friend.

I called the bowling alley.
Here's what they have for rates:

Option 1:
$4.25 shoe rental + $4.25 per game per person

Option 2:
$12 per person, incl shoes, for 2 hours of play.
For additional time, need to go with Option 1 rates.

Considering our group will be around 25-30 people, they'd have to reserve 5 lanes for us (6 people max per lane).

Normally when I bowl, I do about 3 games, but usually not more than that.
I think Option 2 seems reasonable.
So what do you guys think? Vote in the poll.
Thanks

I called the bowling alley.
Here's what they have for rates:

Option 1:
$4.25 shoe rental + $4.25 per game per person

Option 2:
$12 per person, incl shoes, for 2 hours of play.
For additional time, need to go with Option 1 rates.

Considering our group will be around 25-30 people, they'd have to reserve 5 lanes for us (6 people max per lane).

Normally when I bowl, I do about 3 games, but usually not more than that.
I think Option 2 seems reasonable.
So what do you guys think? Vote in the poll.
Thanks

Option 2 is good. With 6 people per lane, you prob won't get more than 2 games in those 2 hours. Option two saves us 75 cents each!

hmm.

ehh you could prob squeeze 3 games in now that I think about it.

Last edited:
That's true.
Although we can be a bit chatty and we goof off quite a bit, so maybe the 2 hour one might not be a good idea. :shrug:

I'm game for either option actually. Like Chris said, the price difference isn't too big. And if some of you already have your shoes, then that's even more savings right there.

Well,

In the league now, it takes about 2.5 - 3 hrs to bowl 3 strings with 5 players per team. I have a feeling we will be more chatty than during the league so playing time could be a bit longer. Not sure if 2 hours will be long enough.

Plus, being the "bowling professional" that I am(complete sarcasm), I already have bowling shoes. I'm game either way.

P.S. - Karen will not be bowling. Being pregnant, her doctor advised against it. That may also rule out Sue, but I will leave that up to her.

Back