• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OMFG! FORD GT GT3 destroying a track!

stroker.jpg

Idk, but it looks like they are just testing the cars, it doesn't look like a full out race.

Man, that car was gorgeous. Such a beatiful car.:drool:

That has to be the most sinister, badass cars I have seen!:drool:

New age batmobile!:laugh:

at first glance it reminded me of the wraith - cept it's not purple and there's no charlie sheen! :laugh:

EDIT: so it's a le mans car?? might have to watch some races now!

Last edited:
Nice run! Should be cool seeing the Ford GT try to keep up with the C6R! (that is the same class right?)

If the Ford is classed in GT3 like the title says, then no. The C6Rs are in the GT1 class, and the GT3 class is mostly dominated by Porsches. I couldn't see that car only being in GT3, though. Either way, it is quite an awesome car IMO and I would love to see it race no matter the class.

If the Ford is classed in GT3 like the title says, then no. The C6Rs are in the GT1 class, and the GT3 class is mostly dominated by Porsches. I couldn't see that car only being in GT3, though. Either way, it is quite an awesome car IMO and I would love to see it race no matter the class.

No kidding! It'll be nice to see the GT back at the track! Especially if it's blinding the Porsche 911 GT3 that's drafting it with fireballs!

Wait, isn't GT1 above GT3? GT1 is the one with all the real slippery-looking Audis and Aston Martins right?

I've been passed by a Ford GT. I was going about 145mph and the GT must've been going damn near 170mph because yeah...it was as though we weren't even moving as it passed us.

On a side note I still cannot get over what an STi can do with suspension and tires. :shocked:

The particular one that passed us had about 100 extra hp over stock. Some day I'll own one! :laugh:

And yes I was on a track!

Wait, isn't GT1 above GT3? GT1 is the one with all the real slippery-looking Audis and Aston Martins right?

If you're thinking of cars like the Audi R10, then no. That would be the LMP1 class (LeMans Prototype). There's also an LMP2 class with similar looking cars that are generally cheaper, lighter and less-powerful. You're right about the Aston Martins in GT1, though. BTW it looks like there's no more GT3 class. It seems to be merged into GT2 now.

Back