• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo about 90% done

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Waiting on a couple parts to come in. But here ya go. Nothing is really tightened down yet.

DCFC0542.jpg

DCFC0542.jpg

DCFC0543.jpg

DCFC0544.jpg

Lookin saxy.

Keep it up my good chum and you will be spinning rod bearings in no time :D

EDIT: the bolts on your turbo look more loose than a Hooker in Chicago, tighten that S**T up.

Last edited:
I think your ballast and distribution block might be in danger with the heat the turbo is going to throw. :blackeye:

Otherwise, awesome job! Looks like it'll be impressive when it's all said and done. :cool:

Just a couple little notes for those doing this in the future.

When you put stuff in, Tighten it. You'd be amazed how easy it is to forget to tighten something later.

When you put on silicone fittings to test fit them... put the hose clamps over them so if they do fit you don't have to take them back off.

By doing those 2 things you save yourself from doing the whole project twice.

Now sometimes you can't always do the above... but try.

Because those same "anyones" can't find a set of axles that won't break the minute you launch it.

hey robert good job but I wanted to point out one thing I noticed.

The oulet coming out the turbo you need to cut the silicone hose shorter till the outlet lines up with the other pipe. I remember cutting back a little more than a inch or two. You want to reduce the angle to a 90 degree for looks and air flow. The hoses I send are longer than you need I cut back on about all my hoses. The 90 degree hoses that goes over the turbo I cut back the side that went to the feed tube and I used that cut off peice to make the 3" 90 to fit the 2.5" intake. B Ut instead of you cutting the 90 degree I sent you a 2.5" straight coupling just cut the couppling in half and use that to make the transition to the intake after MAF.

Once you straighten out the oulet 2" pipe hold it in place and clamp down the 45 degree elbow by the mount to keep the pipe from rotating out of position. Oh guys the reason he is not tightening is because the oil drains took two weeks to come in and the turbo drain is easier to put on while turbo is out or loose.

Oh Robert I beleive that if you do not see a 3/8 to 1/2 brass npt adapter in the kit you will need that peice since the drains or 1/2" and the fitting I have is 3/8 they have them at lowes for $2 if not. Let me know if I supplied it.

Oh make sure the bearing housing is straight up and down and clock the compressor housing at 10:30 psotion you have it at 9:30 now You want to make the two pipes parallel if possible. Also push the pipes down low in postion and tightened them to keep good distance from the hot pipes too.

Good Job I like to see some more pics so I can point out anything I think you may need.

Last edited:
Because those same "anyones" can't find a set of axles that won't break the minute you launch it.

Didn't DemonSVT sheer an axle clean in half with an NA 2.5? And what the hell happened to him? I haven't seen him post in ages.

Turbo elbow?

Turbo elbow?

Just out of curiosity is there room to use studs on the turbo elbow?

Looking good btw, perhaps I can talk the wife into letting me turbo mine.. I have only been fighting her about it for a while now. With the other two turbo money pits she is still saying no for some reason.

we need to start creating custom stronger parts for our cars, i.e axles cv joints differenetials, we must show the world the power of the svt lol

Back