• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

November 17th MEET! See posts #135 and #142

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm usually good for about 2-3 games before I'm fed up with my suckitude.
(I'm talking 10-pin by the way, not candlepin).

I think we all could have a good time bowling, as long as friggin Silky Steve (cruises8) doesn't show up and blow us out of the water.
:p

I haven't been to the Roadhouse since the last time I went with the NECEG. We have had some great times there. The schedule is preety busy, but we may try and make this one.

Bowling is fun...and I haven't been since last Thursday!

I met my wife bowling.

funny thing is my mother met my father bowling...

wierd...

i held about a 180 average back in the day.
had my share of high 200 games.

my father bowled a 298 one year during a league.

I suck at bowling. I'm too weak to hold the ball :shrug: :laugh:. But it's still fun, until my shins and arms hurt due to my sucky form :p. Roadhouse is yummy. We need to pick a date or something...

cool
There's an AMF in Shrewsbury, like 3 miles away from the Roadhouse in Worcester.

Post up what dates you prefer in November.
Nov 4th is out of the question for us. Pats vs. Colts game. heh

I gotta doublecheck the calendar at home, but I think we're available Nov 17th or 18th.

I have to correct myself here.
We might have a birthday to go to that weekend, so I'm going to find out when that is.
Nov 10/11th weekend might actually be the better weekend days for Mike and I.

Last edited:
I was going to post about this yesterday, but some damn thing happened with the computer.

There's a great roadhouse just a bit west of Worcester called Barber's Crossing. It's a comfortable place that serves up all manner of comfort food. They're on Route 9 over the line in Leicester, not far from the big Hess station in Worcester. They also have plenty of parking, and the interesting distinction of two bars -- one in the back and one in the front. The front one is granite topped, and the wall next to it is adorned with myriad old beer cans -- some of the brands are no longer around. They've also got a good number of booths and tables. Just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested in something a little bucolic, a little rustic, very pleasant, and out just a touch into the country.

I was going to post about this yesterday, but some damn thing happened with the computer.

There's a great roadhouse just a bit west of Worcester called Barber's Crossing.
That Macintosh Plus not working out for you, eh?

lol at Barber's Crossing! It looks like it's down the street from my sister's school.

I went to the one in Worcester, wasn't impressed at all, but reviews online indicate that the Leicester/Spencer restaurants are loads better.

As for bowling. I'm pretty terrible, but it's loads of fun. I can only do a few rounds though before my fingernails start cutting my skin. :blackeye:

That Macintosh Plus not working out for you, eh?

lol at Barber's Crossing! It looks like it's down the street from my sister's school.

I went to the one in Worcester, wasn't impressed at all, but reviews online indicate that the Leicester/Spencer restaurants are loads better.

As for bowling. I'm pretty terrible, but it's loads of fun. I can only do a few rounds though before my fingernails start cutting my skin. :blackeye:

Last I knew, there are only two -- one in Sterling and one in Leicester. I've only been to the Leicester one -- used to grab a bite and a beer there after spinning wrenches at a buddy's shop nearby. Been back a couple times with the girl. She got prime rib and I hit up the meatloaf. I think I was a bit envious of her choice. :laugh:

It's not a Mac -- it's a Wang. I've got this red cancel key on the keyboard that I love to use. :D

They used to be at 325 West Boylston St in Worcester, according to Google. I've eaten at that location once (obviously several years ago). Wasn't impressed enough to go back. But if their Leicester spot is better it sounds good.

It's not a Mac -- it's a Wang. I've got this red cancel key on the keyboard that I love to use. :D
Hmm. Didn't realize Lynx would work so well with VBulletin. Then again I don't think iCab for Mac is Java friendly either.

Hmm. Didn't realize Lynx would work so well with VBulletin. Then again I don't think iCab for Mac is Java friendly either.

Hey, the only Lynx we're familiar with around here is this one:

image003.jpg

OK, so far I have nothing planned in Nov. except for thanksgiving and Nov.4th.

If you guys pick a day soon, I'll put up a sticky note to remind me everyday. I definitely want to make at least one meet. I feel like I've been neglecting you all of my presence, which just doesn't work for me.:laugh:

I gotta get my butt home anyway to switch over the winter rims. I can't believe it was 70° yesterday. SO nice out. Ok. back to the thread.

YES IM DOWN.:cool:

Good to hear you might make it, Dan!
It'll be cool if we could get a good sized turnout, especially because the location seems pretty centralized.
It's been a while since I've seen a lot of you.

I wub you's guys :D

I cannot swing the 10th. The 11th might be dicey. Any other weekend is smooth sailing. :cool:

Good to hear you might make it, Dan!
It'll be cool if we could get a good sized turnout, especially because the location seems pretty centralized.
It's been a while since I've seen a lot of you.

I wub you's guys :D

I just realized I haven't even met some of the new(?) members in our area. I guess I really haven't been around. It would awesome to get to meet some of the other members.
I guess, after my tranny failed I kind of fell off the face of the planet.:confused:

The 10th is bad for me too. 11th is merely OK (I dunno if there will be festivities carried over from the 10th). The rest of the month is pretty much free at the moment.

Back