• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bore TB

Tourgasm

CEG'er
I'm not around here much anymore since the purchase of my '02 Si but I found something on my quest for speed that could be useful to cegers. The service is called Maxbore. http://www.maxbore.com/ . I searched around the boards and couldn't find anything so I decided I'd post it. For $135 he'll sandblast, bore, knife-edge, supply a larger butterfly, and ship it back to you. That's a pretty killer deal! I've seen an opt. throttly body before but I don't think it was completley bored out. Just knife-edged and the step-up was smoothed out along with the plate and shaft work. It seems turn-around is pretty quick too. One thing is that you have to send YOUR TB and you will receive YOUR TB. Check out his page for details.
tb-9.jpg

Alex

wow thanks. thats is a good deal(IMO). and damn that thing is bored out. looks like a pop can. lol

Group Buys
Group buys are for throttle body only orders, no manifolds.
I accept buyer organized group buys, and here are the conditions:
ALL Throttle bodies must come in the same box.
ALL Throttle bodies will be returned to ONE address. No drop shipments.
Payment must be made for all throttle bodies in ONE single payment
This is the price break down:
2 throttle bodies $95 each ($97 each if paid with paypal)
3 throttle bodies $90 each ($92 each if paid with paypal)
4 or more throttle bodies $85 each ($87 each if paid with paypal)
Return shipping is included in the price and $200 worth of insurance per throttle body

Last edited:
I thought I remember and a post on the old forums where they compared the hp add from opt and bored t.b. and it was pretty even? Could be wrong though?

I thought I remember and a post on the old forums where they compared the hp add from opt and bored t.b. and it was pretty even? Could be wrong though?

Thats right. Gains from a optimized TB are pretty negliable, especially on a small displacement motor like the 2.5L or 3.0L. 1-2 hp tops.

Throttle response would be noticably better but no "real" gains. This would be good mod to compliment those with open systems i.e. intake, headers, full exhaust. considering how much a bigger TB is along with the the hassle of adaption, I think this is a pretty good deal.

Back