• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

gauge clustor for pillar

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
lookin to find a gauge cluster like some of u have on ur pillars already. wondering how hard it is to put them in and where i can find them. also what three gauges would be best.

^^Edit^^Sorry to install them isnt hard just line it up drill some holls and screw your screw in..As far as installing gauges i have water temp volts oil pressure and a/f.my a/f sits in the coin holder.The volts is the easiest ..Water just wires into the stock sending unit.You dont really need this gauge tho.oil pressure is'nt that hard, but for you everyday average joe is can be hard.A/F gauge i just wired into my o2 sensor.I would reccomend oil temp oil pressure and volts.

You have a oil pressure sending unit in your car you just dont see it the light will come on if you have a drop in oil pressure thats why everyone likes to get a oil pressure gauge in there car to keep an eye on it..Water temp gauge yes you do have but at the time i needed to fill the pod and it was a simple install for me..you dont have a volts gauge on your dash either so its reccomended you get one if your running amps sub then this is a def.I dont have subs but i do run a amp for my highs.Oil temp is another gauge you dont have on your dash and is something alot of CEGer's put on there cars.

My bad man..if you boost or spray your car your going to want a AEM wideband o2.It has a dig read out of A/F mixture.a must when going FI.But yes it is a sensor you have to drill into your exhaust.IIRC

ok u just confused the hell out of me. the sensor goings into my exhaust...which then runs to the gauge in the cluster?. so all together i would need a oil pressure, boost gauge, and the one for that o2 sensor?

Im sorry man..The o2 sensor comes with the Wideband a/f gauge.the sensor is what you need to drill and install into your exhaust..It will then give you a reading of lean to rich..The reading will be given in a number read out as well as a bar graph IIRC.Theres narrowband o2 sensors witch i have but doesnt come with a sensor it just wires into my wireing harness I wired it into a o2 sensor..The narrowband also doesnt come with a number rear out,Witch in your case if your going to go FI your going to want that.

can i put the gauge in without the supercharger in yet and just keep the sensor somewheres safe? also if i get the supercharger and have it installed by a professional will they know to put that sensor in for me?

Yeah you can install everything and have a mech install the sensor into the exhaust if you want..Just run some wires from the gauge and keep them in the cabin under the dash or somthing for the time being.

ok. i looked on that website and they dont have that gauge. they got the boost and oil pressure but not the one that comes with the sensor. any idea where to get it from?

Autometer gauges have little covers to go over the bulbs to light up blue red green.I have blue in my car and got tired of i since i couldnt see it that good at night..There is also the autometer C2 if you want a blue affect there LED lighting

Back