• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

OMG! ive been hoping sumbody would do this. I was going to get your turbo kit but then i decided it wasnt for me beacuase i want to have constant power. Maybe I dont want to have the most horsepower of the bunch but, I want to have a constant powerband in which a supercharger provides. props to you guys at Nautilus for doing this. Id deffintly be intrested in getting one from you guys.

a few ?`s for yah though:

Like BigBen said is there any time frame for when you think youd posibly have this kit availbe?

And what kinda of power do you think this kit could be cable of? (275-300 fwhp?)

Also im gonna be doing a custom exhaust soon and am gonna go with the coated MSDS headers from you guys and was wondering if these would still work with the supercharger kit or what?

well anyway keep up the good work! and i cant wait to see the finished product

Last edited:
OMG! ive been hoping sumbody would do this. I was going to get your turbo kit but then i decided it wasnt for me beacuase i want to have constant power. Maybe I dont want to have the most horsepower of the bunch but, I want to have a constant powerband in which a supercharger provides. props to you guys at Nautilus for doing this. Id deffintly be intrested in getting one from you guys.

a few ?`s for yah though:

Like BigBen said is there any time frame for when you think youd posibly have this kit availbe?

And what kinda of power do you think this kit could be cable of? (275-300 fwhp?)

Also im gonna be doing a custom exhaust soon and am gonna go with the coated MSDS headers from you guys and was wondering if these would still work with the supercharger kit or what?

well anyway keep up the good work! and i cant wait to see the finished product

Thanks First of the SC will not interfere with any exhaust mods. I expect the kit due to the machining process will be a month or so before I get this done. I will have a protoype then. I also have to get my 3 liter built motor finished in the car to make 475whp++ so I can finish up two kits at that level. I expect the price to be alot less then the turbo kit, too early for prices

the eaton can still be ported correct? and since your making enough room for a eaton. couldn't a KB or Whipple possibily fit there one day?

well thinking about it now. the KB as far as i know are more directed to larger V8's. now with whipple's im not sure. but either way i think that it would way to much s/c for a small V6 such as the 2.5L or 3.0L. but im not the one with brains but its just a thought or opinion.

well thinking about it now. the KB as far as i know are more directed to larger V8's. now with whipple's im not sure. but either way i think that it would way to much s/c for a small V6 such as the 2.5L or 3.0L. but im not the one with brains but its just a thought or opinion.

Im not the smartest about FI but yes your right about that to much supercharger for a lil v6. I mean if sumhow if you could stuff that under the hood you still would have like no traction at all due to how powerful those things are. but yeah it still be cool =)

now a ported eaton. thats dueable isnt it?

yes it is.

It's just how much cfm do you need to flow is the question here. I wonder what the new CFM measurements will be or needed for our engines with this top mount SC.

Wow 1 whole month??? Skip the rest, just work on this thing :)

OMG! ive been hoping somebody would do this. I was going to get your turbo kit but then i decided it wasn't for me because i want to have constant power. Maybe I don't want to have the most horsepower of the bunch but, I want to have a constant power band in which a supercharger provides. props to you guys at Nautilus for doing this. Id definitely be interested in getting one from you guys.

Ok, maybe it is because I turboed a V8, but superchargers do not compare to turbos in terms of a "constant power band".

On a turbo 5.0 the torque graph is generally VERY flat, whereas a supercharger's torque graph climbs with rpm.

The turbo also has the advantage of operating at a specific boost pressure the entire time it is spooled, unlike that supercharger what's boost pressure grows with rpm.

Now, the positive displacement supercharger, unlike a centrifugal supercharger or turbo, has little if any rpm delay while the boost threshold is reached.

You may also wish to consider that a supercharger ALWAYS places drag on an engine, consuming power, whereas a turbo does not. You also see less of an impact on off boost fuel economy with a turbo, because off boost a turbo is not a being a parasite.

Do not get me wrong though, I think this project is awesome and I have always though it would be nice to have a positive displacement blower on a contour.

Ok, maybe it is because I turboed a V8, but superchargers do not compare to turbos in terms of a "constant power band".

On a turbo 5.0 the torque graph is generally VERY flat, whereas a supercharger's torque graph climbs with rpm.

The turbo also has the advantage of operating at a specific boost pressure the entire time it is spooled, unlike that supercharger what's boost pressure grows with rpm.

Now, the positive displacement supercharger, unlike a centrifugal supercharger or turbo, has little if any rpm delay while the boost threshold is reached.

You may also wish to consider that a supercharger ALWAYS places drag on an engine, consuming power, whereas a turbo does not. You also see less of an impact on off boost fuel economy with a turbo, because off boost a turbo is not a being a parasite.

Do not get me wrong though, I think this project is awesome and I have always though it would be nice to have a positive displacement blower on a contour.

You are right except for one thing. The Eaton will just freewheel in bypass mode while at cruise or normal driving causing minute loss if any. This happens because the air is recirculated by to the compressor housing by a bypass opening which contains a butterfly valve. The only time the Eaton is under a strain whne the TB is open fully dropping the vacuum to 0. The eaton is positive displacement and will vary on boost based on rpms like at 5500rpm where the engine is most effeicent the boost level will sag only because the Eaton was able to get the CFM into the engine. The Eaton pushes 1.25 lter of air per rev if I remember correctly and can spin 14k and support 450 cfm. WE will attempt to keep the Eaton at 8-10k revs at first.

now with whipple's im not sure. but either way i think that it would way to much s/c for a small V6 such as the 2.5L or 3.0L. but im not the one with brains but its just a thought or opinion.

The KB Escape kit used a Whipple SC unit, so the Whipple is fine on a V-6. The only big advantage of the Whipple is greater efficiency. They are essentially the same principle as an Eaton but the internal configuration of the twin screw Whipple eliminates much of the turbulance & pumping of a Roots blower.

Good illustration here: http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf

Why not look into the new Eaton TVS blowers?

My first objective is to get the blower to fit and run it with very low boost. The kit will be inexpensive since the supply of the mp62 is high and very readily available to the aftermarket. Once you go higher in boost I may suggest going to a TVS or lysholm supercharger only because of temps are lower on these styles. I will look to see if I can install a cooler but it will be tight to build. If I need to I will make one fit but I think it would be more beneficial to change to the screw-type instead. I will do data on both types.

Have you ever seen how the TBird SC's mount the blower to use with an intercooler? Not sure if the M62 has a similar mounting pattern, but I think it could be done easily like that.

my problem is finding a place to buy these SC you do a search and it just shows manufacturers overseas. If the intercooler you are talking about goes undder the SC it will not fit on the car for sure I have a better chance making it inside the upper ruuners. Joey

Sounds like you're talking about a heat exchanger kinda like the Lightning's and Cobra's use. If you don't have room for that then this may not be an option either. The Tbird mounts the blower inverted, then uses somewhat of a "hat" to send it to the IC, then back to the intake.

A picture is better to describe it...

sc-engine.jpg

I've never actually seen an M62 compared to an M90 by size, but something like this would only add maybe 2" to the height.

One other thing, when you tried the M90, what was it off of? I've seen the M90's GM uses and for some reason they look bigger than the ones Ford uses.

Back