• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
All shipments have been sent as of Monday 8am.
Awesome :cool:

[edit] The kit looks really good. I'm glad I went with 5000k and not 6000k, plenty of blue! Perhaps I'll get pics later.

Somehow my Headunit decided to reset all the fine tuned settings I had for my music when I disconnected the battery. All the presets too :cry:

Last edited:
Holy glare batman, I know, but my camera phone sucks.

After warming up, they're more of a white w/ hint of blue. 5000k is perfect IMO :laugh:

hid.jpg

I need eyelids very soon because these things are BRIGHT!!

What's the best way to prolong the life of these? I know people say don't turn them on and off in short periods of time.. what if I go to get gas and turn them off, and turn them on 1 or 2 minutes later? Is it only a problem if you "flash" them?

Last edited:
What's the best way to prolong the life of these? I know people say don't turn them on and off in short periods of time.. what if I go to get gas and turn them off, and turn them on 1 or 2 minutes later? Is it only a problem if you "flash" them?

I leave mine on when I get gas :shrug:. If anyone has a problem with it too bad :laugh:

and yes...again....use your high beams to flash.

I leave mine on when I get gas :shrug:. If anyone has a problem with it too bad :laugh:

and yes...again....use your high beams to flash.
I heard not to power your HID's without the car running :shrug:

Maybe it was a hoax :)

Last edited:
I would still like to see a better wall shot than the one posted with the bush.

145 posts in this thread and not one wall shot? :confused: (except for the projectors with the knife-sharp cut-off!)

I'd REALLY like to see a wall shot of this kit in a pre-98. If the pattern is half decent, I'm in all the way!

145 posts in this thread and not one wall shot? :confused: (except for the projectors with the knife-sharp cut-off!)

I'd REALLY like to see a wall shot of this kit in a pre-98. If the pattern is half decent, I'm in all the way!
Basically a much more amplified version of what you get with halogens. The pattern is in no way "better," yet I can definitely tell that I can see farther and clearer. :shrug:

It's been raining a lot here, was going to adjust my lights tomorrow but I'll be gone all night ;)

i know i didnt post a wall shot of mine but the pics i posted were from a pre-98. if the GB is still going on when i get my car back together i will get some wall shots for you.

Ordered.

It'll sure be nice to actually be able to SEE with the low beams. (I just hope I don't blind anyone in the process.)

Thanks Keyser!

I got my kit and got it installed last week. I went with the 6000K kit and I love it! I have 100w bulbs in my brights and now I don't even have to use them! These are worth every penny. I'd say this is close to being one of my most favorite mods so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back