• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mounted mine underneath the firewall tucked behind the headlights. Dry and hidden :shrug: I hope I never have to take them off again for any reason though ;)

If you've been putting off getting HID's, STOP!!!! I just installed these..... They are SICK!!!!! SICK, SICK, SICK!!!! I got so excited when I saw even the first one stike up and glow.

Please excuse me..... I'm gonna go turn them on in my parking lot again, and then drool some more... :drool:

more pictures!!

I got your pics right here, bub.

Where I mounted the ballast, Driver side ballast:

P5230005.jpg

Now my car already had a hole in the frame, so I only had to drill one extra hole for the bracket (thats temporary electric tape to prevent it from falling out):

P5230003.jpg

Now I had done the high in low mod, which helped out a lot. But after the HIDs, the Silverstar high beam bulbs looks like a low beam bulb:

P5210056.jpg

Comparision, old right, HID on left :

P5210057.jpg

Its awesome to drive at night, its like having two miniature suns in front of your car. :laugh:

I know that I am only coming into this now and I don't mean to wreck the group buy but i bought my kit from an ebay store for 150 shipped to canada.

http://stores.ebay.com/YOUR-ONLINE-CAR-PARTS-RESOURCES

You can choose any color or any bulb (9005, 9006) and they work well.

As soon as I get my headlamp assembies modified i'm going to be taking tons of pictures in the next month to show my DUAL hids.

Last edited:
I got your pics right here, bub.

Where I mounted the ballast, Driver side ballast:

P5230005.jpg

Now my car already had a hole in the frame, so I only had to drill one extra hole for the bracket

Did your come with the brackets? I need a pair of brackets for a kit I have.

Anyone that bought this kit that does not need the ballast mounting brackets can I please have them :)

I would have been so into this if they had the H11 kit for the Fusion for the same price. These look awesome for the price.

Did your come with the brackets? I need a pair of brackets for a kit I have.

Anyone that bought this kit that does not need the ballast mounting brackets can I please have them :)

Look under the grey tray in the box. Mine were underneath it.

I have a different kit that did not come w/ brackets. The ballast looks the same size though. I'm putting my kit in a different application so I need brackets. If anyone is using double sided tape (which is more than sufficient for the location of these for the Tour as I have been using double sided tape mine for almost a year now) instead of their brackets I'd like to take them off their hands.

I heard not to power your HID's without the car running :shrug:

Maybe it was a hoax :)

meh. the worst thing imo is to have them on and then start the car, cause they flash like a mofo...and that could be bad for them. as far as normal use with turning thme on/off in parking lots and such, don't worry about it.

the kit that's on my old car was used when i bought it and i had them on for 3 or so years...and they're still going just fine.

i put my ballast in waterproof cosmetic bags for extra protection. they zip shut and then taped over that. im running HID's in projectors and i never want to go back to stock lighting ever ever agian. even stock housing with hids will be great.

A lot of people don't know this, but, you are suppose to put your ballast on a relay. That way you don't chance a spike from the circuity of your oem wiring harness. Quite a few HID kits come back to the shop because some guy just "hooked" them up. Also another thing, you aren't suppose to turn on and then off your HID's three (3) times within and hour. Its electrically really hard on the ballast and the bulbs. If you do these two things, you can make your kit last for the entire 2000 hours as they are rated.

i put my ballast in waterproof cosmetic bags for extra protection. they zip shut and then taped over that. im running HID's in projectors and i never want to go back to stock lighting ever ever agian. even stock housing with hids will be great.

I got all my parts for my retrofit. Just need some spare time to work on it :laugh:. PM me some pics of your lamps and what you used. I'm always interested in seeing new work.

A lot of people don't know this, but, you are suppose to put your ballast on a relay. That way you don't chance a spike from the circuity of your oem wiring harness. Quite a few HID kits come back to the shop because some guy just "hooked" them up. Also another thing, you aren't suppose to turn on and then off your HID's three (3) times within and hour. Its electrically really hard on the ballast and the bulbs. If you do these two things, you can make your kit last for the entire 2000 hours as they are rated.
This kit comes with a relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back