• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pictures of Morbid's car I took last night.

Attachments

• contour1.jpg
    contour1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
  • contour2.jpg
    contour2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • contour3.jpg
    contour3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
How obnoxious will the beam pattern be? I thought the general consensus was that the factory Contour headlight housing sprays the HID light around too much, people flashing you, trouble from cops, etc.

ALSO, what effect will Hightowered housings have on the beam pattern? I'm satisfied with the pattern the modified Silverstar 9005's in the low beam side are giving me and I just wondering how it may change.

How obnoxious will the beam pattern be? I thought the general consensus was that the factory Contour headlight housing sprays the HID light around too much, people flashing you, trouble from cops, etc.

very obnoxious

ALSO, what effect will Hightowered housings have on the beam pattern? I'm satisfied with the pattern the modified Silverstar 9005's in the low beam side are giving me and I just wondering how it may change.

not at all. hightowering doesnt have anything to do with output

very obnoxious
Do eyelids help?

People already flash their high beams at me all the time when I pass them just for my fogs, imagine with these HIDS :crazy:

I still want ehm :laugh:

I heard HIDS with our headlights (w/o projectors) aren't much of an improvement but that is crazy compared to my halogens ;)

Last edited:
Any pics up against a white or light colored garage wall?

I'll try to snap some pics against my white garage door tonight.

Also, those pics were before I fixed my headlight alignment. It's still off, but much better. I needed to bring the drivers side up and out a little. In those pics, the lights began to converge around 15' out... they are more parallel now.

I'll try to snap some pics against my white garage door tonight.

dont, because it will look something like the pic below, try to get the beam like on the road with no flash and a tripod..

Xenons.jpg

XenonsHella.jpg

I put HIDs in my Pre-98 about 2 weeks ago. i have been unable to get any good pics though and my car is out of commision for awhile. if need be i can post the ones i have but they are not the best.

I put HIDs in my Pre-98 about 2 weeks ago. i have been unable to get any good pics though and my car is out of commision for awhile. if need be i can post the ones i have but they are not the best.

How does it look? I have done the high in low beam mod, so I already have pretty bright headlights. Post those pics, I'd like to see before I commit to HIDs.

is the 205$ with shipping apply to north of the border also ??

I'm wondering this too. The regular website states free shiping world-wide. USPS Air would be ideal (UPS will RAVAGE us Canucks with fees!)

This kit looks great (internal igniter, water resistant, harness with fuse and direct connect to battery). My only concern is the lack of a D2R shield on the bulb. Not a huge deal though.

I am definitely interested (pending the shipping information), but I won't be able to buy until this time next month. Please let me know before the GB ends!!

Bridge

Bridge - I just talked to my friend and he's shipped kits up to Canada before. In fact, he's shipped to Norway, Iceland, and New Zealand. The cheapest route is via USPS and it is approximately an additional $15 USD. International orders to the aforementioned countries will be an additional $45 - basically the same price as the web site.

As far as using a 9005 bulb in place of the low beam socket, I agree - it is a slight improvement but even that light improvement falls short of an upgrade to an HID conversion kit. Here are some pictures

From his web site, here is a shot with halogen bulbs on the driver's side and HID bulbs on the passenger side. Look at the huge difference in light output on the ground.

halfhalf.jpg

By the way- my friend updated the order page to include shipping options to Canada and everywhere else.

http://www.mobilehid.com/contour.htm

Last edited:
WHAT HEAT RANGE IS THE KIT IN THE PICTURE ? HOW MANY KELVIN ?

I'M INTERESTED IN AN HID KIT HOWEVER THE PRICE ON THE WEB SITE IS $250 SHIPPED AM I MISSING SOME SORT OR PASSWORD OR CODE THAN NEEDS TO BE ENTERED FOR THE $205 SHIPPED DISCOUNT ? I'D BE INTERESTED IN THE COOL BLUE HID COLOR AND NOT THE DEEP BLUE COLOR I BELIEVE ITS A 6000K HIT THE ON I'M LOOKING FOR HAS JUST A HINT OF NOTICABLE BLUE TO IT.
THANKS

XenonsHella.jpg

WHAT HEAT RANGE IS THE KIT IN THE PICTURE ? HOW MANY KELVIN ?

I'M INTERESTED IN AN HID KIT HOWEVER THE PRICE ON THE WEB SITE IS $250 SHIPPED AM I MISSING SOME SORT OR PASSWORD OR CODE THAN NEEDS TO BE ENTERED FOR THE $205 SHIPPED DISCOUNT ? I'D BE INTERESTED IN THE COOL BLUE HID COLOR AND NOT THE DEEP BLUE COLOR I BELIEVE ITS A 6000K HIT THE ON I'M LOOKING FOR HAS JUST A HINT OF NOTICABLE BLUE TO IT.
THANKS
Stop shouting. It's obvious you have not clicked on the link provided in the second post. You choose your temp, click buy now, and it takes you immediately to the paypal page where the listed price is $205. Needs more reading comprehension.

I think I'm going to get one. The price is right, and I've got a spare set of lights that will be getting baked, blacked out, and dual-eyelids on the inside. This would be a nice way to finish them off.

Last edited:
Muntus - good question. The bulbs do not have a shield like the D2R bulbs, they will look like the bulb on the right below.

bulbs.jpg

00SVTGA - The picture shows a 4300k color temp and in fact, the bulb in that headlight is a 9006 - exactly like the Contour. If you're interested in the 6k, you can order here: http://www.mobilehid.com/contour.htm

I do think garage pics are more relevant than lighting up a bush from 2' away, but I agree... straight dark road shots would be ideal. I took some pics of my garage with my car about 15' away, now I just need to find my usb cable.

Is it ok to power up a ballast w/o the the bulb connected? If so, I'll put my 9005 ST-Ultras back in one side and take some pics. I'll also see if I can find a dark road this weekend.

Bridge - I just talked to my friend and he's shipped kits up to Canada before. In fact, he's shipped to Norway, Iceland, and New Zealand. The cheapest route is via USPS and it is approximately an additional $15 USD. International orders to the aforementioned countries will be an additional $45 - basically the same price as the web site.

That sounds fair. Just a heads up, the website isn't working properly as you can't add the $15 shipping and the HID kit to the same paypal basket.

thats was my pictured above, the kit is a Philips/Hella kit. Hella Gen 3 balasts with Philips 4300K bulb. OEM color on HID standard equipped cars

Get 4300K, thats my advice, Im an HID nazi so I know what Im talking about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back