• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these bulbs have the reflector on the bulb itself, like the D2S bulbs? Are they for use with regular headlights and not projectors? I bought a set of plugNplays that had a fully exposed bulb and the excess light from the bulb made it look like Iwas driving around with my high beams on all the time, the cops didn't like them either so I had to change back to 9006s'.

Very interested. Like the rest, I want to see pictures.

One of my co-workers said I'll lose high beams with this. I rarely use high beams but I don't like the idea of loosing it. AND
how come there is only one OEM light plug?
wiring.jpg

Last edited:
No offense rob, but no crap. :laugh: I guess I was asking if anyone would think there would be any issues installing in the pre-98 headlights.....I just haven't seen or heard of it done yet before and am wondering why.

The thing is that the pre-98 headlight design has a grid built on the lens, which disperse the light evenly. Now imagine that, with HIDs, and you don't such a pretty light output as a 98+ would.

I would be interested, but I've never seen a pre-98 with HIDs (on stock headlights, mind you.)

Very interested. Like the rest, I want to see pictures.

One of my co-workers said I'll lose high beams with this. I rarely use high beams but I don't like the idea of loosing it. AND
how come there is only one OEM light plug?
wiring.jpg

The only way you'd lose the highs is if you had one bulb for highs and lows.

You will not touch the high beams. They will function as normal.

There is only on plug because it is for the relay. It plugs directly into your factory harness. So when you turn you lights on, it will switch on the relay to draw power from the battery. The power from the battery goes to the ballasts and then to the bulbs.

Check out the website. If you did 1 minute of looking you would realize they sell the harness off their website...

If you upgrade to projectors, you would only need to buy new bulbs for the projectors (D2S, IIRC). AFAIK, HID bulbs share the same plug to the ballast. It's only the shape of the bulb's base (9006, H3, etc.) that differ.

HTH.

You will need to upgrade the wires coming from the ballast to a D2S/R plug. those are available on Ebay

You're right I've seen the $100 kits, which usually don't come with a wiring harness and you forget $60 shipping and if something breaks you have no recourse but to ship back to China.
These sets are in fact manufactured in China, I won't BS anyone. My friend Cliff, who runs mobilehid has ordered in 5 different sets from China, Phillips kits and a few others. These were the best.

Not quite true. VVME kits (which are what your friend sells) have many different retailers across the US. Last I checked there were some dropshipping from china with a 1week ship time for 100 shipped. If the harness is the only value added thing your friend is tossing in I think 205 is a bit high. 60 for shipping? is it next day shipping?

I don't blame you for putting out bad info Pudamunkie as I have not provided a picture yet. You could have asked first though. These are NOT VVME.

You can find a retailer in the US to get cheaper HID's cheaper. Have at it. There is no pressure to buy. There is no minimum or maximum. These ballasts were dumped into a bucket of water and turned on. They still work great. Completely water proof. I'll have some pictures later today.

Ahh, I could have sworn it was a VVME kit, must have been a different site I looked at. I apologize.

No apology necessary, it's my own fault and I opened myself up for speculation. I'm having trouble coordinating with Morbid, but I'll have something today.

Met up with Morbid tonight, but the cord to my camera is on my desk at work. I'll upload those tomorrow. Tonight I have a couple pictures of the ballast. It's completely encased in rubber once the cover comes off. I'll have photos of the dunk test tomorrow as well.

Attachments

• surgery1.jpg
    surgery1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • surgery2.jpg
    surgery2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
hey guys... HIDs were something I never really considered doing, until Keyser asked to fit them on my car. I had 9005 (high's) Silverstar Ultra's in both highs and lows before getting the 4300k HIDs. They are a decent amount brighter and when I hit my high beams (4000k).. they look yellow compared to the HIDs. I have no regrets from buying this kit.

Since the install, I've frequently been bugging Keyser to get the 893's. HID bulbs are alot more durable and should not break from vibration -- I'm so tired of replacing my fog bulbs.

Can't wait to see how the pics of my car came out ;)

Since the install, I've frequently been bugging Keyser to get the 893's. HID bulbs are alot more durable and should not break from vibration -- I'm so tired of replacing my fog bulbs.

please dont bother HID'ing the stock fogs, leave them as it is. It will be hard enough to get an HID bulb in there let alone the balast and all that mounted around somewhere there

How obnoxious will the beam pattern be? I thought the general consensus was that the factory Contour headlight housing sprays the HID light around too much, people flashing you, trouble from cops, etc.

The dunk test.

I'll have Morbid's pictures up in a few hours. The beams looked pretty controled to me.

Attachments

• fishlight.jpg
    fishlight.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back