• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Short Shifter Riser Plate - Steeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we're still talking the $20 bucks + shipping that was quoted for the 98-99 I'm in.

I need a plate for my 2000:
1. Cinder
2. Redlineracer12

The cost will be the same. I was thinking and got to wondering if the original 2000 plate could be flipped over and work. Wish I had a 2000 to mess with.

The riser plates have been order. The lead time is four or five days, so I am hoping for a delivery of friday. I will pick up the bolts this morning. I will let you all know when I get the plates and if they are up to standard.

The cost will be the same. I was thinking and got to wondering if the original 2000 plate could be flipped over and work. Wish I had a 2000 to mess with.

I can putz with mine here in another week or so... but I don't have a steeda or Ford Racing shifter to play with haha

so how are we gonna pay for these? all pay you with paypal or what? and do you have a final price yet with bolts and shipping fixed or diff?

What I have found to be the easiest on shipping the intake plates was just to get the $4.05 Priority Envelope from the Post Office and then it is the same for everyone and it gets there in 2 or 3 days. I could also check on first class mail if you want to wait 5 days for the part to arrive. I could also go to staples and see how much UPS would charge to deliver them. Maybe I will stop buy there tonight.Otherwise it is 20.00 for the plate including the bolts (98-99 years) The bolts are M6 x 1.0pitch x 60mm long, with an Allen head (I think a 5mm Allen Tool fits). I should have time to work on the 2000 plates tonight and tomorrow morning to get something worked out.For payment - paypal would be the easiest, but money order will work. I guess if I ship to a Washington State address I have to charge tax.

Is this still a current list of the people that need a 98-99 riser plate?
1. pimpdcontour
2. icysvt
3. OB1
4. Schattastic SVT
5. dpa43
6. LukeDuke
7. CSVT1214
8. Primalzer1998
9.svtjon87
10.muntus
11. yamaharacer686
12. Turbo_Fox (depending on shifter GB)
13. LostRacer
14. LilCe98

If there are Steeda Shifters available for $110.00 would anyone else need a plate?
What happened to make it so you had to put in your own HTML editing tags?

Is this still a current list of the people that need a 98-99 riser plate?

If there are Steeda Shifters available for $110.00 would anyone else need a plate?
What happened to make it so you had to put in your own HTML editing tags?

I guess you could me on the list Bugzuki. I'd like to step up to a 3/8", but you don't need to supply me with bolts as I just so happen to find some here at work.

What do you mean by the "what happened to make it so you had to put in your own HTML editing tags?" You are not talking about the [ URL= xxx ] [/ URL] are you??

im still down, paypal waiting as soon as you are ready. i found a FR focus shifter in Texas Dealer that had one left today. i guess just let us know as soon as you are ready and waiting to ship.

1. pimpdcontour
2. icysvt
3. OB1
4. Schattastic SVT
5. CSVT#49
6. dpa43
7. LukeDuke
8. CSVT1214
9. Primalzer1998
10.svtjon87
11.muntus
12. yamaharacer686
13. Turbo_Fox (depending on shifter GB)
14. LostRacer
15. LilCe98
I have to put in all of the < p> and < / p > or it all comes out in a big clump of words. Maybe it is just my computer here at work. They are probably trying to keep me from using the site. I also get errors on the page that make the edit post not work.

are u still planning on including the cut out thing we need to make the spring work? sorry for the wording i cant think of what we called it before....

yes, exaclty. i just went to find the original post.

The spring sits down around a piece of flat steel. When you move the shifter side to side, one side of the spring actuates on the piece of steel, while the other side moves with the shifter lever mechanism. In the picture above there is a cutout that has been circled. This cutout allows the spring to move in the full range of motion. In order to accomodate the taller plate that cutout needs to be extended upwards.

I will include a paper template with the riser plate that can be used to mark and cut the slot.

Hope that helps
Paul

The water cutter was not able to fit the parts in today. I have to go to Denton Texas Sunday night and come back Monday night. The plates will be done for sure on Monday. I will pick them up tuesday and have them ready to ship.

Sorry for the delay, I know you guys are waiting to get the shifters installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back