• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official 2010 CEG Calendar Picture Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
If you are interested in being in the 2010 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:
Note: I am going to attempt to look into a new voting system this year that will let all of CEG vote on the winners. If this doesn't work out, it will be the judging system used previously.

PLEASE READ!

1. Must be a current CEG member.
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

2. High Resolution Very Important!
We would like a resolution of 2300 X 1800 for the pictures. This is approximately equivalent to a 5 Megapixel camera. I cannot stress this enough. A fantastic photo will not make it if the resolution requirements are not met. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!! The reason I say we would like 5 megapixel resolution is because that meets the printing requirements exactly. 4 megapixel images may be able to be stretched and examined to see if they are still of quality to print, but if you want a serious shot at making the calendar, get or borrow a 5+ megapixel camera! I'll say it again, The higher the resolution the better!

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality and make more work for us to sort through the pictures.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, and multiple Contiques are big pluses.

4. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.
See # 6 below.

5. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

6. Photoshop
No digitally modified pictures will be accepted for the calendar. (lowered, additional parts digitally added, etc.) However this year we are allowing HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. In addition to this, we also will allow minor touch up to cars. This includes digital removal of small dents/scratches that would otherwise eliminate a good picture. Adding color or digitally fixing unpainted/unfinished parts is not allowed.

7. Submission
Submit smaller (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) pictures in this thread.

8. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer.

9. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo

10. Must be a Landscape (Horizontal) orientation picture
This is a horizontal orientation calendar so needless to say that portrait (vertical) orientation pictures won't be able to be used.

11. No Date/Time stamps!
Just don't even submit them if there is a date stamp visible in the picture. Yes, they can be taken off with photoshop in most pictures but it is the SUBMITTER's responsibility to do so. And remember if there is a visual editing artifact we will have to reject it.

=Other info=

Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
I am looking into other methods of voting this year so that all of CEG can participate.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2010.

Deadline to submit pics
November 18, 2009
You have just over a month. Lets get them in!

Calendar release date
By having the deadline be November 18th, we should be able to get the calendar ready to be ordered by the end of November or very early December.

Please see these links to previous CEG calendars for examples of what calendar quality pictures should be. (Note: links to old forum)

Have fun and good luck!

Continuing, I would like to mention that when taking your pictures it will be nice to have enough "safe area" around the main content to allow for cropping if necessary. I understand that a nice full view finder looks great but keep in mind it is a production piece not a printed photo.

Most Cameras shoot a size close to 8 x 10 by default. Let me remind you that calendar is going to be 8.5 x 11 final size. There will be stretching and some cropping. We had some photo that had some black bars at the top and bottom due to different aspect ratios. Might not be completely avoidable, but something to pay attention to.

Ok here we go....... these aren't the "good" pics I have, I might have my bro submit them because his car is in the foreground. Watch for those, they are :drool:.

SZ2009218.jpg

MacNCheesemeet09008.jpg

10-25-2009023.jpg

ok guys, lets try to keep this thread just for photo submissions. no need to discuss anything in this thread.

use this thread to make posts about the calendar

This is a CEGer's vehicle, the photo of which was taken at SZ09. I am unsure whose car (someone will know), but I love the scene so much that it is worth trying.

DSC02791.JPG

This is a CEGer's vehicle, the photo of which was taken at SZ09. I am unsure whose car (someone will know), but I love the scene so much that it is worth trying.

If I'm not mistaken that's SHOgoFast's 3L Turbo

Submitting a few.

DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

One of my favorites of this series:
DSCF0506.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

Fiancee likes this one:
DSCF0508.jpg

If someone could PS the dent by the taillight and the small crack in the bumper that would be great...
DSCF0509.jpg

And again if someone could PS the cracks in the bumper....
DSCF0510.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

3 more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back