• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Battery Cables

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
I ordered a new positive and negative battery cable from Bill and TeamFord. After a few days of searching he finally found a negative cable, and I received both of them yesterday! My question is if the negative cable I received is the correct one? It is the same length as my current one, but the gauge of the wire is a lot smaller. I forgot to snap a picture of them 2 by each other while I had my intake off, so here is a picture of the positive and negative cable.

0716080705-01.jpg

thanks,

mzracer360

well you only have half of the possitive batteyr cable. you have the mega fuse and the section that runs to the alternator. you would still need the segment from the mega fuse to the starter/battery.

as for the other cable I am not positive where that goes. it looks alittle small to be the main battery ground. it maybe the secondary ground from the trans to the frame.

So this is what I should be ordering for the other part of the positive cable? Oh, and TFP only lists one negative cable.

Brian is right, you have half of the positive cable and the ground wire you show is not for the battery.

Back