• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno Day

cannondalemtb

Hard-core CEG'er
Tony and I have been talking about getting on the dyno soon. We figured we would extend the invite to NECEG.

We have not chosen a location yet, but are open to suggestions of shops and dates.

So who all is interested and has ideas?

um no.

last I heard the place that Bristol Dynos where located was going to start running the dyno equipment. or we could ask them.

I've heard nothing but good about their service. Plus, I know a couple of them personally. They're good people, and helped my Dad and I out when we had boat problems:shrug:

Why so blunt?

Performance dyno in Concord, NH.

He has a great rep and he is a long time Ford guy.

When are you thinking I might be able to partake in this if I'm done.

I've heard nothing but good about their service. Plus, I know a couple of them personally. They're good people, and helped my Dad and I out when we had boat problems:shrug:

Why so blunt?

I have heard many mixed things about them. Plus the state has gotten good at picking out PCMs that have tunes on them .... and that would be because the tuner turns items off for more power. this happened to a member here. with his atx and SVT cams he only made 150 hp at the wheel, which is stock horsepower ....

plus I asked to get a baseline dyno and they where to busy with other customers to take 30 minutes to make some pulls with my car ....

there has to be a better dyno out there...

hmmm... any other suggestions?

Does that mean you are interested Brian?

yes i would be. would prefer to wait til I have everything figured out and the tune nailed down but I could make a low boost pull and do some datalogging which might be very useful.

I have heard many mixed things about them. Plus the state has gotten good at picking out PCMs that have tunes on them .... and that would be because the tuner turns items off for more power. this happened to a member here. with his atx and SVT cams he only made 150 hp at the wheel, which is stock horsepower ....

plus I asked to get a baseline dyno and they where to busy with other customers to take 30 minutes to make some pulls with my car ....

there has to be a better dyno out there...

You make a good point.

Do you guys want me to see if I can get in touch with them as a back-up?

If he's too busy to do one base tune on your car isn't that a good sign? (No dyno op wants to do one pull on a car, anyways) Obviously he has a lot of customers and experience.

Who's to say it was his fault with that the car only made 150 whp? I know a kid that had a full bolt on zx2, dynoed it, and got 109 whp...about 25-35 less HP then he should have gotten. It was the kids fault he found out later when he inspected his car.

I'm not attacking what you said but what I am trying to say is is don't rule them out based on that one experience alone. I have never heard anything bad about this dyno and I live about 30 minutes away from it.

If he's too busy to do one base tune on your car isn't that a good sign? (No dyno op wants to do one pull on a car, anyways) Obviously he has a lot of customers and experience.

Who's to say it was his fault with that the car only made 150 whp? I know a kid that had a full bolt on zx2, dynoed it, and got 109 whp...about 25-35 less HP then he should have gotten. It was the kids fault he found out later when he inspected his car.

I'm not attacking what you said but what I am trying to say is is don't rule them out based on that one experience alone. I have never heard anything bad about this dyno and I live about 30 minutes away from it.

Where are you? I'm in Colchester. I've met the owners a few times, and the three of them were great guys. Really helped us alot with our boat. And a quick BTW; they built a black STi that put 620 to the wheels with 91 oct:shrug:. And the Supra is a MONSTER. I've seen it perform first-hand

well they have a 4wd dynojet. So we could do awd, rwd, fwd..etc. I dont think they'd be judgmental on what kind of car is on there unless they are rude people.

well they have a 4wd dynojet. So we could do awd, rwd, fwd..etc. I dont think they'd be judgmental on what kind of car is on there unless they are rude people.

Wasn't saying that as much as wondering about their knowledge base on Fords. They seem like pretty good guys. They were a big sponsor for the Funkmaster Flex show that went down at the Speedbowl a couple or years back, right? It seems like they're pretty big:shrug:

There's one in Worcester that a few of us used to go to in the past.
NE Dyno and Tuning.
http://www.nedyno.com/

The owner is a friend of a friend. He owns I think 3 shops now. Let me talk with him and see if we can work something out.

Uconn car club is having a dyno day in a few months with this place in norwich, ct:

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/

they have a dyno jet too so results can be a bit more comparable to bristol dyno. I'd be up for a CEG dyno day.

Sounds like a possibillity

etc.? what falls into that category? :laugh:

Back