• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gomach1s Port-Matched 3L Build 2000 SF CSVT

gomach1

Veteran CEG'er
This is my new ride. Bought it with a blown 2.5 Unfortunately the guy went ahead and pulled the motor. I got everything he pulled though. Well most....
DSC03278.jpg

DSC03277.jpg

Engine/Tranny/Engine Bay
DSC03255.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

New 3L 03 Taurus with 33k
DSC03268.jpg

Unnecessary taurus parts
DSC03270.jpg

Started port-matching tonight, need to smooth up and do other side tomorrow
DSC03284.jpg

Painted Pieces
DSC03285.jpg

Got the car on friday and the 3L on monday. Hoping to have everything ready to go in by this weekend. We will see how much progress i make in the next couples days.

DSC03286.jpg

I think you got lucky. That is a 04 engine

Why do you say that? Im not saying your wrong cause im very new to all this, but i was told from LKQ that is was an 03... Just wondering? So far everything has been going together very smooth. Got the oil cooler hooked up, all the water lines. Havent swapped over the alt, a/c, p/s, or motor mounts yet... Will get on that once i finish porting.

i was looking at the motor and thought the same. Thats an 04-05 motor. Valve covers and UIm tell so

Yeah, '04+ for sure. Take your time. Don't forget to turn the pulse wheel before you put the motor together. ;)

It would be tough to start a project like this when someone else already pulled the motor if it was your first time. Why is the brake master cylinder removed? Looks like you will have your hands full..... :eek:

Yeah, '04+ for sure. Take your time. Don't forget to turn the pulse wheel before you put the motor together. ;)

It would be tough to start a project like this when someone else already pulled the motor if it was your first time. Why is the brake master cylinder removed? Looks like you will have your hands full..... :eek:

Thanks for the info, and yes ill remember to turn the pulse wheel. Ive done lots of reading. I have no idea. The deeper i go, the more i ask why... Ive got it, and have a lot of experience doing engine work and so forth. Just never with a contour.

Cant wait to get her on the road! Next need to remove the original taurus pulley/crank damper. Found a thread on that, saw what i was doing wrong...

Im glad its an 04 motor then. Do the 03 take more work?

03 and down are slightly poopier, casting issues, smaller coolant passages. and some other junk.

So I assume this is the car the maf sensor is going? It looks like it's in great condition. I gotta ask though why are you selling the low mile silver svt?

So I assume this is the car the maf sensor is going? It looks like it's in great condition. I gotta ask though why are you selling the low mile silver svt?

Yep the sensor is for this car. The silver one in the classifieds isnt mine. I thought i said that... But its the guy that i work with. I had option to buy it, but i went this route instead...

Just looked at my paperwork, it does say 04. Guy told me 03 one the phone.

Anyways i finished porting the heads, rotated the pulse wheel, got the timing cover on, engine mount in between the heads, a/c bolted on, few other odds and ends. Will get some pics tomorrow. Hoping to wrap things up so that i can drop it in on saturday.

To-Do List:
Fit Alt. Bracket
B1 Exhaust Manifold
Remove/Grind Pilot Bearing from auto taurus
Attach flywheel/clutch
Install UIM/LIM
Bolt tranny to motor

Got a lot accomplished today. Everything except for bolting the tranny to the motor. Forgot to put the block plate on...so had to take a few steps back, it was getting late. But now all that is correct and all i have to do is bolt it together tomorrow and drop it in. Everything has gone very very smooth so far. Only hold up is the belt tensioner. The previous owner stripped the shoulder bolt, so im going to try and hunt one down at pull a part tomorrow, then ill be set, maybe even be able to go for a test drive.

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

Got the engine in tonight. Made some really good progress. Everything went very smooth. All thats left for tomorrow is the y-pipe, drivers side half shaft, battery, and top the fluids off!
DSC03298.jpg

DSC03299.jpg

Also found this nice surprise on all 4 corners. Since i got it last friday i hadnt had it up in the air, and the previous owner never said anything about have a BAT suspension. Very happy surprise. Hopefully get to test it out tomorrow.
DSC03300.jpg

Looks great! I bought my first car half apart also. It took me awhile but i got it together. I hope you did not use the 3L oil pan, I had a problem with the trans separating from the motor.

Looks great man! Sounds like you got a deal on a pretty nice csvt.

Back