• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got another SVT! I think I am keeping this one....... :)

This is correct. From what I am lead to believe only late 99s if any had returnless. 00s were all returnless.

mine is a 99 with a returnless...I believe they switched over sometime in September 1999...if I remember correctly, my build date was in October...

I just got my carfax report and it shows only good things! no reported damage......
I am the third owner.
First one had it 69k, second owner had it from 69k-194k, 11-2002 until 8-2008.

It seems well taken car of besides the normal wear and tear. I even get the carfax buyback gaurantee!

Update on this project:

I sold some aftermarket things off the car. I still have the bra to sell that is in the trunk.

Earlier this week I decided to sell my broken moped and it sold last night for $650. I traded my $300 go-kart for it when the moped was mechanically 100% , so I really got $350 for free.

So the $650 I have now will be used for a 3L and new svt clutch to go in this SF svt. I am going to remove and inspect my stock diff that is in my original '95 trans. If it is still good that will be going in the svt.

Because I don't really "love" silver svt's (they are ok :D) I want to paint this one white. I can get an entire car re-sprayed for just a few hundred bucks if not free, where I work. That is just my idea for now. I will decide when the motor/trans are pulled what color to keep or make the car.

This will be my next winter's project because I will have a heated garage :drool:.

Here is the video of the engine starting, kinda :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZZcx7qQ38

How about I buy the car from you for $25? Go buy your self something nice at McDonalds then. :shrug: And he better pearlize it....just not a pearl necklace

I am kinda keen on the bright white, not a pearl but still not 100% yet. If I go pearl white I might not have to paint the jambs.

I am kinda keen on the bright white, not a pearl but still not 100% yet. If I go pearl white I might not have to paint the jambs.

If you go bright white, don't let Todras drive it.....too much whiteness will blind on coming traffic.

Ohhhh :laugh:.... Me likey Todd, but I would consider him to be more red than white:laugh:.

contour137.jpg

I also got a set of 18" wheels and tires plus two extra wheels one having another tire mounted on it. 6 wheels and 5 tires for $370.
Those are for the svt too

kzr_silver_lg.jpg

I really liked that 3L white svt with the roof antenna and I should do that instead of making a stryped svt again.

med_gallery_4830_54_102739.jpg

338215_115_full.jpg

someone needs to do a white svt photo chop for me with my wheels white and stazi gen 2 mesh :drool:.

Back