• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gomach1s Port-Matched 3L Build 2000 SF CSVT

good job! nice find too! the downside is you probably dont have a torsen differential and you didnt put headers on it! if you want to do those later you'll probably be pullin the engine again! 3L's eat diff's

Yea ive heard about them eating diffs. I just trying to get this thing on the road. Well it started today fine, i tryed yesterday and it would just turn over. Turns out my friend who hooked up the 3 connectors on the side of the back valve cover didnt connect them well.
So i fixed that, and have a major clutch leak out of the slave cylindar. Its brand new, called the manufactuer...either way ive got to start tearing it down and pull it again.

I needed to finish this by wednesday as my other car is selling then. Hope to get this situated by the weekend.

Thanks for the compiments

would a bad IRMC cause the idles to jump up to 4k?

i didnt get to run the car much at all after discovering the leak, but it immediately jumped up to 4k on the first start...

would a bad IRMC cause the idles to jump up to 4k?

i didnt get to run the car much at all after discovering the leak, but it immediately jumped up to 4k on the first start...

A bad IAC valve could cause that as well as a vacuum leak.

I smoothered the bugzuki plates in silicon so I don't think its leaking there. The iac looked a little dirty, should I try that first?

Well yesterday i pulled the motor out and put it back in after fixing all the little issues.

Today i got it all hooked up, and is doing good. No clutch leaks, no high rpm starts. I do have the moosing problem so i need a new IAC valve, other then that it runs good, havent driven it yet cause my shift cable end broke! Looks like i need the focus endlink... Will post up-to-date pics soon.

Congrats man! I might be wrong but don't you have to get a whole new cable put in when the endlinks break?

I think they are discontinued. So that maybe the only option. Im going to see if i can get the foucs ones tomorrow. I think my car has different endlinks then what came with it originally...

replacing the IAC isnt going to fix the moosing. the moosing is just a resonance noise from the tube that goes between the intake pipe and the IAC, not a problem with the IAC itself. You can either do the pipe cap fix or get one of the updated anti-moose hose setups (I have once sitting here if you are interested), it has all kinds of extra hoses and chambers to change the resonance frequency to something that wont occur under operating conditions.

replacing the IAC isnt going to fix the moosing. the moosing is just a resonance noise from the tube that goes between the intake pipe and the IAC, not a problem with the IAC itself. You can either do the pipe cap fix or get one of the updated anti-moose hose setups (I have once sitting here if you are interested), it has all kinds of extra hoses and chambers to change the resonance frequency to something that wont occur under operating conditions.
I did the throttle hang fix and its better but still not right. Ill send you a PM...
Hey did you buy that car off craigslist from some guy by shaw afb?
Yea you know anything about it?

I did the throttle hang fix and its better but still not right. Ill send you a PM...

Yea you know anything about it?

Yeah that guy is a crook. My buddy try to buy that car from him. He actually bought it from another guy in Charleston for $650 or $700 it think and a few weeks later after he swapped out what he needed from it he put it on Craigslist for $1500. He hustle when it comes to car he burns everyone in this town. I sold him a car that I got from boumacj because he said he needed a DD and we were friends back than. I sold him it for $2000 than the next day he puts it on craigslist for $5k or 4k and says the engine was rebuild, and that was the original engine. Than 2 months later he calls me and tells me he wants a refund becuse it has an exhaust leak lol I wouldn't by S*** from him.

Yeah that guy is a crook. My buddy try to buy that car from him. He actually bought it from another guy in Charleston for $650 or $700 it think and a few weeks later after he swapped out what he needed from it he put it on Craigslist for $1500. He hustle when it comes to car he burns everyone in this town. I sold him a car that I got from boumacj because he said he needed a DD and we were friends back than. I sold him it for $2000 than the next day he puts it on craigslist for $5k or 4k and says the engine was rebuild, and that was the original engine. Than 2 months later he calls me and tells me he wants a refund becuse it has an exhaust leak lol I wouldn't by S*** from him.

That makes complete sense. I talked to the guy who originally had it for sale and at that time i couldnt buy it, but the guy said to make him an offer cause he needs it gone. Then i saw it back up on craigslist a few weeks later and then decided thats what i wanted to do.
It was definitely missing a few things, i hated buying it after he took it all apart. He definitely got me, it was missing the B&M shifter i originally saw, the MAF and intake but didnt realize it until i got into it and seeing all the parts i got. Since he pulled the engine and tranny. For buying it into pieces the car went together very well, esp being my first 3L swap. Did it in around a week. Got the car the 1st of october. Woulda been done sooner if the clutch slave and shifter linkage wasnt messed up.
Im surprised it started but it runs good. I figured he got it alot cheaper but i liked the car... That kinda pisses me off though.
He has a black csvt. And a foxbody mustang. I think his name is Eric....

Says the person who goes through Contours once a week....

I've got a set of shift cables from a 2000 CSVT if you end up needing them. Obviously depending on what shift tower you have.

Well i drove it home! Its been at my shop and it made the drive. Very happy with it, the BAT suspension is about shot but it still drives pretty decent, will need to replace. Only other thing is that it has a nasty exhaust manifold leak from B2(the frontside). Need to see whats up there, sounds like a piece of ####. Too bad they are so hard to get at.

Would also like to get a tune. Anyways ill post up some pics tomorrow when i detail it...

Pictures! Finally drove it home last night, acted funny if you gave it too much throttle. Anyways i cleaned the IAC and its running great. Forgot to get pics of the egine somehow...they were from my phone, anyways im very happy how it turned out in such a quick time! Excuse the rear, im looking for lowering springs to match the front asap...

IMG00108-20101016-1845.jpg

IMG00109-20101016-1845.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

Car looks great. So essentially, you got a 3.0L from an '04 or newer, ported your intake manifold to match, rotated the pulse wheel, and put everything back together? Am I missing anything else?

Back