• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gomach1s Port-Matched 3L Build 2000 SF CSVT

Yes, there are many things you are missing. The best thing to do here is read all of the build threads you can. None of them are completely detailed (including mine) but all together they give a good detail of what needs to be done. I spent a couple of days reading off and on and I was able to catch everything on what needed to be done. I will eventually have a specified list on my build thread, but I am too focused on trying to get it accomplished that I havent had time to make the list.

Those are the main things, along with cutting the tabs on the block for the alt. bracket to fit. Most of all the other stuff you transfer over from the 2.5. Unhook the harness from the 2 disconnect points in the engine bay. It makes pulling/instaling the motor a breeze cause you can hook up all the sensors and what not, drop it in, and then plug up the 2 main connections.. Of course there are lots of little things but its very easy... I did mine within 2 weeks, from buying the car-having it running.

Back