• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

well i dont really know what a coyote is so thats why i recommended a rb25. my buddy had a rb25 s14, and all i have to say is just wow.
honestly that would be a sick build. pricy. but youd have a sweet contour drifter imo:laugh:

Some of the parts arrived for the front knuckle modifications. Still waiting for two boxes but I hope to have this wrapped up within a couple weeks. Unfortunately with the holiday and work travel it may not be until December.

Front hubs are modified and ready to go! Hubcentric step reduced to match the Mustang and converted to 1/2-20 studs.

Not much size difference. You trying to keep under the stock hood?

Ideally. The 302 is also EFI and comes with the ECU/harness so I'm leaning that direction. I hope to be able to DD this car when complete and EFI is much more appealing to me in that regard.

I may have missed it, but are you going to run the stock Contour front knuckles? For some reason I was thinking you are running the 240X knuckles... or maybe that is just the coilovers. I did read on page 2 that you had the Mustang knuckles, but I thought that was for the rear... I don't know lol.

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but are you going to run the stock Contour front knuckles? For some reason I was thinking you are running the 240X knuckles... or maybe that is just the coilovers. I did read on page 2 that you had the Mustang knuckles, but I thought that was for the rear... I don't know lol.

There has been a lot of back-and-forth with regard to drive-train and suspension over the last few months. After doing some more research I discovered that the Escape 2WD rear hub used the same wheel bearing as the Contour, was a non-driven 5x114.3 bolt pattern damn near drop-in solution to converting the front end, so that's the route I've chosen to go. I did have to modify them slightly to mate to supporting components, but overall it was a cheap and easy solution, using 100% off the shelf Ford OEM stock parts, that I'm pretty happy with. I'm waiting on two more parts to come in and I'll have the knuckles built and in.

Ideally. The 302 is also EFI and comes with the ECU/harness so I'm leaning that direction. I hope to be able to DD this car when complete and EFI is much more appealing to me in that regard.

Good god yes... fb page seems to indicate so ;)

There has been a lot of back-and-forth with regard to drive-train and suspension over the last few months. After doing some more research I discovered that the Escape 2WD rear hub used the same wheel bearing as the Contour, was a non-driven 5x114.3 bolt pattern damn near drop-in solution to converting the front end, so that's the route I've chosen to go. I did have to modify them slightly to mate to supporting components, but overall it was a cheap and easy solution, using 100% off the shelf Ford OEM stock parts, that I'm pretty happy with. I'm waiting on two more parts to come in and I'll have the knuckles built and in.

Ain't that nifty ;)

Back