• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

Appreciate the enthusiasm. I would like to have it done sooner than later but the summer ended up being devoted to customer cars and the track car is under the knife now. This is a project I will not give up on, because I've wanted to do it for so long. For the time being though, the chassis resides under a cover in storage...

I'm kinda sad to hear it's kinda shelved. However, even if it takes ten years, you'll still have done something no one else has. Pretty awesome either way.

I'm kinda sad to hear it's kinda shelved. However, even if it takes ten years, you'll still have done something no one else has. Pretty awesome either way.

Still doing design work and research, just no fab until I get the track car is done.

^^You said "DONE".....you know better than that!! They are never done....just back in "ONE" piece....for awhile...or a minute....

my project has also been put on hold as my shop has been very busy with work other than my own.. my brothers car is in there getting a new motor for his drift car. and Ive been picking up a few new svts that im going to be selling soon.. gotta keep the work flow first and projects come when there is time.. i feel ya josh.. well get them done.

So it's been about a year and a half since I did any actual work on this project. The chassis was in storage for all of that time as I didn't have room for it at the old shop. I recently relocated to a larger facility and decided I needed to sneak some work in on this project while I wait for parts and pricing on other builds. A major point to note would be that before the chassis went into storage I had done a chassis swap on a black SVT I was stripping and a friend's car that was rusting out. In doing so, I ended up fitting a complete black exterior on the car to replace the mismatched group of parts I scraped together to assemble the once parted out car.

The other night we got to work dropping the gas tank. All that remains under the car is the rear sub frame and brake lines. Those items will go tonight.

Additionally I got some more work done under the hood. I will hopefully have updated pictures again this weekend.

So I just realized that nowhere in this thread does it say I've decided to go V8 now.....

If anyone is interested: The t5, adapted mtx-57 bell, clutch disc, LS oil pan, and LS mounts are for sale....

I like the RWD V6 idea more because it would have been more a plug-and-play type setup for other people to maybe try to do on their own. Either way, it's going to be cool.

I forgot that's where that black SVT ended up :laugh:. It's been a long time!

I like the RWD V6 idea more because it would have been more a plug-and-play type setup for other people to maybe try to do on their own. Either way, it's going to be cool.

More plug and play? There is nothing plug and play about this whole thing... unless of course Josh is going to ship out a kit with a new rear subframe with Cobra IRS parts, a new front subframe, new motor mounts, the Lincoln engine parts, the transmission adapter plate, etc. To me at this point why not a different engine too? Hell throw a Ferrari V12 in there. I guess all I'm saying is IMO almost the same amount of work will need to be completed regardless the engine.

This thread just got real yo. v8 powa ;)

Last edited:
More plug and play? There is nothing plug and play about this whole thing... unless of course Josh is going to ship out a kit with a new rear subframe with Cobra IRS parts, a new front subframe, new motor mounts, the Lincoln engine parts, the transmission adapter plate, etc. To me at this point why not a different engine too? Hell throw a Ferrari V12 in there. I guess all I'm saying is IMO almost the same amount of work will need to be completed regardless the engine.

This thread just got real yo. v8 powa ;)

My initial intent with staying V6 was that none of the vehicle's electrical, engine management, fuel delivery etc. would need to be changed. I think that's what Joe was referring to. Realistically I see no market for this like there is for the Focus, the platform just isn't popular enough, so I bailed on that part and just decided to go all out.

My initial intent with staying V6 was that none of the vehicle's electrical, engine management, fuel delivery etc. would need to be changed. I think that's what Joe was referring to.

^ that is what I was talking about, just didn't specify. The way Josh was putting this together, most people would have about 1/2 of the parts already in their cars IE; motor, fuel, electrical, ECU, PATS, some of the subframe(s), etc.. Obviously still a lot of work, parts, time, fab, and money to finish the idea Josh started with that someone would have to do on their own.

Switching to a V8 build, you won't be using anything but the shell of the original car.

I understand the need to just go V8. I would almost try putting as much of a Mustang into a Contour as you could and fab what's needed from there.

I figured that was what you may have been referring too. To me the electrical would be the least of my worries. That's the easy part IMO. Making everything fit and function, now there is the challenge.

Back