• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

Ive always wanted a v8 rwd contour
I mentioned the idea years ago and everyone laughed at me
After having five countours three mustangs a corvette and and 18 other various trucks and cars. A rear drive four valve four door v8 sounds like a lot of fun!!

LS1 is well known for Mustangs. My guess it would be easier than the Ford. Much smaller motor, power output is close, and it won't fill up the engine bay as much as our V6 does.

My buddy is putting an LS1 in his 540i making it a GMW. Just remove the badges and tell people its a Chevy Contour. At this point nothing about the car is factory so put whatever engine is cheaper and fits better.

would coyote motor be an easier fit? that seems to be the "latest rage"

either way, RWD csvt would be awesome. V8 just makes it that much better! lol

My neighbor has a ls6 e36 m3. Gets all types of flack for it, but it was nasty. I say was, because he got tboned pulling onto our street last night :(.

I say got GM because it brings a good deal of potential in a smaller package.

My winter project is a coyote 4R70W swap into my old shop truck. It replaced a 460 and was still a tight fit!
I know it's not right but an LS would be much easier and cheaper.
Have fun I'm sure it will be bad ass,
Rob

The LS series would certainly be the smarter choice for a number of reasons, but on this build I can't bring myself to do it. I'm leaning towards Coyote for a number of reasons...but I won't be able to swing the cost of anything motor related for some time, so for now it's all still up in the air. My current plan is to get the rear end purchased and installed, then move on to the front half of the car. I did order up the parts needed to convert a Contour front knuckle to non-driven and 5x114.3. If all goes to plan I'll have some pictures up within a week.

Back